You should try ordering Export A cigarettes! :p
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/01/2004 7:56 pm
yeah really...
We actually had the owner of the pub throw us out one afternoon. We're sitting there drinking beer and playing video games (like...the last remaining game of Asteroids)... we order another beer and he gives us crap.
"what the bloody hell are you doing wasting your time in here for.... why don't you go out to the seaside and get some sun"

I felt like saying "hey man.... we're paying for the beer here"

... then I suddenly realized.... it's such a small town that nobody drinks during the day.
# 2
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
10/02/2004 12:21 am
Heinekin from the old brewery in Amdsterdam...that was quality! Newcastle, Dos Equis, Bass...only 11 months til i can buy it all legally lol.
# 3
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/02/2004 1:17 am
Schmange, imagine how the good people of Iowa City take to broad Geordie !!

Come to that it is probably better that don't know what I'm saying as it has so far kept me out of jail !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/02/2004 7:53 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggGuiness
Heineken
St. Pauli Girl
Bass Ale
Burning River Pale Ale
Red Stripe

....these are a few of my favorite things..

I'd like to ad dos equis (XX) to my list, as well as Corona. Viva Mexicana!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
10/02/2004 10:23 pm
Guiness from the brewery is heaven. :)
# 6
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
10/04/2004 2:50 pm
just tried some Amstel Light which wasn't too bad, and some Pilsner Uriquell (Sp?) which was pretty good. I also just joined a beer of the month club that will send me 4 different types of microbrew beer. 2 from the states and 2 international each month. The first batch wont come untill the end of this mont, so I'll give a full report then.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 7
meandmyRG
meandmyRG
10/05/2004 2:01 pm
Just looking at some of these posts im guessing theres not many aussies here and thats bloody disgraceful. Most of you that have tried some ozzy varieties of beer may have only had the tripe that we send to wherever it is you may come from, so please allow me to give you a guide to drinking in Australia.

Victoria Bitter (a.k.a VB, Vitamin B) is the type you wouldnt go buy yourself but if youre offered one from a mates fridge it is then classed as FREE and therefore becomes drinkable, I give it a 3-10.

Fosters (a.k.a the tripe that we send to wherever it is you may come from). This is not beer, at best it is sheep urine with a touch of methylated spirits, I would sooner drink the pond water at the local park. It will receive no rating.

west end draught (a.k.a Westies). A big tick from me, ive had many a fun night that I cant remember with this little beauty. If youre ever in south australia you cant leave till you have a few at the pub. 7/8-10

Coopers pale ale (a.k.a Pale). This is quite a good drop as long as you know how to drink it the right way. If its from the tap you can drink it down without a worry but its better from a stubbie, this is the trick to it, with a stubbie of pale you turn it upside down and give it a tap on the bumb to stir up the sediment on the bottom otherwise its just disgusting. Definetly worth a look. 6-10

Crown lager (a.k.a The good stuff). The heavens are opening above me as I type this name. If this isnt the best beer in the world than you can spank my granny with a rubber chicken. I dont know if it gets exported to any other countries but if its not in yours I suggest you sell your first born and come to the land of oz for a pint. A massive 10-10

Theres also xxxx which I would rate the same as westies but they are a slightly different taste, one thing to take notice of when looking for westies overseas is not to be confused with west end export, remember Draught is the brew and export is the poo.

The only non-ozzy beer I will drink is guinness which is bloody good stuff.
# 8
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/05/2004 2:16 pm
Originally Posted by: meandmyRGFosters (a.k.a the tripe that we send to wherever it is you may come from). This is not beer, at best it is sheep urine with a touch of methylated spirits, I would sooner drink the pond water at the local park. It will receive no rating.

That was extremely humourous. Seriously.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 9
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/05/2004 2:18 pm
Hey, we should set up some sort of beer exchange! Mail a bottle to each other and we can try each others' local brews. I wouldn't mind shipping some Canuckian beer to the land down under if I got to try a pint of Crown Lager!

I'll go to the Canada Post website to check on rates.

[/sarcasm]
# 10
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/05/2004 2:27 pm
Woohoo! I am the KING of triple posts!! Eat that, bob-bobby!!!!

OK, back on topic - I just checked Canada Post's website and also the Canadian Department of Justice website and it looks like my idea is already dead in the water. Even if it was legal to ship a bottle of beer to Australia, it would cost about $40 CAD to get it there. I'll just make a special order at the LCBO, thank you!!

[/sarcasm]
# 11
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/05/2004 3:00 pm
Anybody ever try stout?
I had a friend buy me one in Cornwall years ago and all I remember is it was served at room temperature, was dark brown and tasted like crankcase oil.
People must have really weird taste buds to enjoy the taste of that stuff. Probably the same people who enjoy Marmite...bleeeech.
# 12
Karma In The South
Karma In The South
10/05/2004 5:39 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeAnybody ever try stout?
I had a friend buy me one in Cornwall years ago and all I remember is it was served at room temperature, was dark brown and tasted like crankcase oil.
People must have really weird taste buds to enjoy the taste of that stuff. Probably the same people who enjoy Marmite...bleeeech.

English stout... no thanks :eek:

Irish stout... mmmmmmmmm!
# 13
kingdavid
kingdavid
10/06/2004 4:06 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanI was in Kenya, ...But my favourite drink was Orange Fanta. Couldn't get enough of it.

I thought Fanta was a coca cola product sold the world over, most of all America?
And yes, White cap is crap. I can tell by looking at the bottle. I've never tasted it, but the disgruntled stories abound.
# 14
kingdavid
kingdavid
10/06/2004 4:08 pm
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanI was in Kenya, ...But my favourite drink was Orange Fanta. Couldn't get enough of it.

I thought Fanta was a coca cola product sold the world over, most of all America?
And yes, White cap is crap. I can tell by looking at the bottle. I've never tasted it, but the disgruntled stories abound.

PS:
You shoulda f***ing said hi, man.THE ODDS OF IT HAPPENING AGAIN ARE MINIMAL!!!!!!!!1
Damn you!!
In a nice way, tho'.
# 15
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
10/06/2004 8:11 pm
Originally Posted by: kingdavidI thought Fanta was a coca cola product sold the world over, most of all America?

PS:
You shoulda f***ing said hi, man.THE ODDS OF IT HAPPENING AGAIN ARE MINIMAL!!!!!!!!1
Damn you!!
In a nice way, tho'.

Yeah, I thought about it, but that was before I was really active on this board. Also, we only spent a couple days in Nairobbery, and those days were pretty full, either arriving or leaving on flights (in & out of the country and one within Kenya). The one day that I wasn't in an airport in Nairobi we spent searching some of Nairobi's famous curio shops. I went to the one across the street from where there used to be a huge mosque. It was a little two-story shop which sold exactly the same things as every other freaking curio shop around. The only difference was that there was a Masai fellow working at this one. After we made our purchases, we went out back and he attempted to demonstrate the world-renowned jumping prowess of the Masai tribe (some can get as high as 6 feet in the air after bouncing in one spot for some time). Unfortunately, this guy was born in Nairobi and had no Masai culture left in him and could probably clear 6 inches, tops. I got a picture, though!

[/sarcasm]
# 16
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
12/31/2004 5:26 am
I've got a few more brew's to add to the list.

Eastside Dark - from the Lakefront Brewery in Millwaukee, Wi
It was pretty good. Nice and smooth with a good strong taste, but not too heavey.

Oak Barrel Stout - from the Old Dominion Brewing Company in Ashburn, Va
This beer wasn't that great to me. It had a coffee like flavour with a hint of chocolate and vanilla, but not in a good way. Very heavey and thick tasting. Left a bad after taste as well. It wasn't horrible, but I probably wouldn't drink it again.

Lev Lion Pale Double Bock - from the Hradec Kralove Brewery in the Czech Republic. This beer was actually quite good. It had a great crispness and bitter bite to it like a beer should. Almost like Pilsner Urquell, but not quite as bitter and a little lighter. I would defanately drink this beer again.

La Fin Du Monde - from the Unibroue Brewery in Quebec, Canada
This beer was very unique. It was quite enjoyable with many distinguishable flavours. Overall it had a smooth sweet spice flavour too it. On the front side is the beer taste which is slightly crisp, then it's almost like spiced punch, and goes down almost like champaign but with more aftertast. Plus this beer was 9% alcohol! I would defanately drink again.

Wittekerke - from the Bavik Brewery from Belgium
This was my first wheat bear and so far my favourite. It had a sweetness to it that was wonderfully refreshing. It had a crispness to it, but went down very smooth. It was a great drinking beer period!

So, untill next month, happy drinking.

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 17
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/31/2004 6:02 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya... La Fin Du Monde - from the Unibroue Brewery in Quebec, Canada
This beer was very unique. It was quite enjoyable with many distinguishable flavours. Overall it had a smooth sweet spice flavour too it. On the front side is the beer taste which is slightly crisp, then it's almost like spiced punch, and goes down almost like champaign but with more aftertast. Plus this beer was 9% alcohol! I would defanately drink again...
[font=trebuchet ms]Ah, yes. The name means "End of The World". Which describes the sensations experienced any who combine sufficient foolishness and fortitude to consume two bottles of this stuff! Also from the same brewery: Trois Pistoles (Three Pistols), and Maudite (The Damned). All are very hoppy, flowery brews suggestive of drinking perfume. Generally reserved for students, and tourists. :p

I like to take full advantage of the fact that recent developments in liquor import/export commerce mean that tipples from all over the world are readily available locally. I am sure that the abuse they endure during transport render them unrecognizable to those who are familiar with them at point of origin. Still, even in their mutated forms, they provide interesting diversion from the local offerings.

Case in point: Mississippi Mud. Advertised on the label as an example of the "black and tan' beer that results from mixing a very dark ale with a lighter lager. In draught form this usually means Guiness mixed half-and-half with something that the regulars would not otherwise order. In this case, the constituent brews are unidentified, but the result is really quite enjoyable. The 'Mud' is quite dark, full-bodied, with a firm head, and a treacly finish. Conveniently, they arrive here in 'jug' bottles that hold exactly the right amount to fill my schooner, leaving just enough room for the head. And it's a proper 5% brew - not that aenemic 2.3% palidity that the Americans endure at home. Well done![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 18
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/31/2004 6:12 am

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 19
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
01/03/2005 2:41 am
you can never go wrong with Mr. Nichols!

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.