View post (Your Local)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/31/2004 6:02 am
Originally Posted by: PRSplaya... La Fin Du Monde - from the Unibroue Brewery in Quebec, Canada
This beer was very unique. It was quite enjoyable with many distinguishable flavours. Overall it had a smooth sweet spice flavour too it. On the front side is the beer taste which is slightly crisp, then it's almost like spiced punch, and goes down almost like champaign but with more aftertast. Plus this beer was 9% alcohol! I would defanately drink again...
[font=trebuchet ms]Ah, yes. The name means "End of The World". Which describes the sensations experienced any who combine sufficient foolishness and fortitude to consume two bottles of this stuff! Also from the same brewery: Trois Pistoles (Three Pistols), and Maudite (The Damned). All are very hoppy, flowery brews suggestive of drinking perfume. Generally reserved for students, and tourists. :p

I like to take full advantage of the fact that recent developments in liquor import/export commerce mean that tipples from all over the world are readily available locally. I am sure that the abuse they endure during transport render them unrecognizable to those who are familiar with them at point of origin. Still, even in their mutated forms, they provide interesting diversion from the local offerings.

Case in point: Mississippi Mud. Advertised on the label as an example of the "black and tan' beer that results from mixing a very dark ale with a lighter lager. In draught form this usually means Guiness mixed half-and-half with something that the regulars would not otherwise order. In this case, the constituent brews are unidentified, but the result is really quite enjoyable. The 'Mud' is quite dark, full-bodied, with a firm head, and a treacly finish. Conveniently, they arrive here in 'jug' bottles that hold exactly the right amount to fill my schooner, leaving just enough room for the head. And it's a proper 5% brew - not that aenemic 2.3% palidity that the Americans endure at home. Well done![/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons