Your Local

Jimmi431
Jimmi431
01/05/2005 5:45 pm
quite an impressive post here! dunno where to start at the begginig i had so many suggestions till they got shot down (that would be the ol VB lovely stuff all i drank when i was in sydney)
corona is nice so long as you have a a cut of lime shoved down into it, that does wonders for it.
my first choice anywhere (though it aint that common) is Peroni (says nasrto azzuro on the bottel though) gorgeous! italian i think.
if your on holiday or pretending then its gotta be san miguel, just reminds me of bein in spain, and is definatly a summer beer.
if your in america it gets more difficult was to young to enjoy beer when i was over there and now in england the only american beers are bud an the like which is nats piss. the only bud worth drinkin is the czech stuff its said budvar instead of budwieser then though.

thats all i can really think of, as i don't really drink beer cos i get ill if i get pissed off it (think it relates back to one happy new year when i was 14, i was still standing just but the room was black...) the good stuff is the vodka never get ill of that stuff!! and have developed quite a taste for it
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 1
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
01/05/2005 6:19 pm
Sleeman's in Canada has a wicked new beer called "Porter". It's a nice dark beer, reminds me much of Guinness, but much smoother.

Another one that is pretty cheap here is Lakeport Honey Lager. It's the poor man's Sleeman Honey Brown, but I've had a couple that actually tasted better!
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/25/2005 5:09 pm
I'm going to add Red Stripe and Harps to my list. Both of which were very tastey beer's.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
MoonliteShred
MoonliteShred
08/26/2005 2:17 am
San Miguel Beer pale pilsen

I heard many tourist in my country bring this beer back home because they say its really good...

but personally I like red horse beer..

Im not a beer kinda guy. i like whiskey, rhum and brandy.
im more on hard drinks...
For the love of music not for the love of money!!! :D

:p
# 4
mike&amp;theblues
mike&amp;theblues
08/27/2005 6:57 pm
Theakstons - old peculiar

Unknown - just beyond the pale (had some at food and beer festival recently unfortuantly, liked it that much, ended up really drunk and can't remember who made it)

Wychwood Brewery - hobgoblin
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/23/2005 11:58 pm
Just ordered some more beer! Here's a pic of what I got...

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/24/2005 12:32 am
I didn't know anyone sold "skull splitter" beer or "arrogant bastard" ale.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 7
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/24/2005 12:33 am
ordered them from Liquid Solutions

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 8
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
09/24/2005 4:47 am
Yuen Ling

Rolling Rock

Boddingtons

Dos Equis

Sapporos

Killians Red

Guiness (with food)

Corrona

Red Stripe
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 9
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/24/2005 9:45 am
1. killian's irish red
2. shinerbock (i know it's a texas standard but it's new to me and pretty tasty)
3. newcastle brown ale
4. abita amber
5. red stripe

in no particular order by the way.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 10
capohead
capohead
09/24/2005 12:52 pm
Ah beer ! A subject almost as close to my heart as music (possibly closer sometimes ;) )

I do feel sorry for you guys in the States as you really don't get beer as we do in the UK.

Best beer ever (imnsho) - Fullers London Pride - If you are ever in the UK and in London you have to try this. Exquisite ...

Just down the road (10 miles) I've got the Harvey's brewery which does an excellent pint of Sussex Best.

A bit further west is the Gales brewery - home to HSB (If the bottom's fallen out of your world drink HSB and let the world fall out of your bottom)

I could go on for hours but the football (that's proper football btw ;) ) is on and a cold Speckled Hen awaits me :D

Cheers

Dick
Where The Skeletons Dance CD available here.
From another Plaice CD available here.
Listen & buy single tracks from Tricks Upon Travellers here
My other tracks here
# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/24/2005 2:18 pm
No offense to like everyone, but i'm sick of hearing this condescending type attitude towards american beer. There is no such thing as a sophisticated beer. Beer is for the working man, in my opinion, so why be all pretentious about it. I mean really, its just beer. Some people like American beer, some like canadian, some like mexican, some like european, you get the idea. I frankly don't care as long as I get drunk.

# 12
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/24/2005 3:16 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyNo offense to like everyone, but i'm sick of hearing this condescending type attitude towards american beer. There is no such thing as a sophisticated beer. Beer is for the working man, in my opinion, so why be all pretentious about it. I mean really, its just beer. Some people like American beer, some like canadian, some like mexican, some like european, you get the idea. I frankly don't care as long as I get drunk.

Commercial American beer is barely alcoholic, homogenized piss water.

Commercial beer elsewhere in the world is at the least much more alcoholic and usually made with an ethos better resembling our micro brews.

So, that's where a lot of this comes from.

However, I know a world traveling beer fanatic who claims with absolute certainty that the best beers in the world, bar none, come from Vermont and the American Rockies.

He thinks it has to do with the water being free of pollutants while having a benificial mineral content.

So, our small breweries can swap haymakers with anybody in the world. It's just the Buds and Old Millwaters that are giving us the bad name.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
capohead
capohead
09/24/2005 6:30 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyNo offense to like everyone, but i'm sick of hearing this condescending type attitude towards american beer. There is no such thing as a sophisticated beer. Beer is for the working man, in my opinion, so why be all pretentious about it. I mean really, its just beer. Some people like American beer, some like canadian, some like mexican, some like european, you get the idea. I frankly don't care as long as I get drunk.

Oh dear, I didn't realise you were that touchy about your beer :)

I think your final comment says it all for me - "as long as I get drunk". Now that's the difference between us. Beer is not always for getting drunk. It is for being drunk.

Beer can be a very sophisticated product when you fill it full of gas and chemicals like most American beers and many British lagers. They'll get you drunk without a doubt but I simply don't enjoy drinking them as they become a means to an end.

A good simple cask conditioned beer (which do exist in the States) can be savoured and appreciated. It's enough just to have a couple of pints of London Pride without needing another 5.

Cheers

Dick
Where The Skeletons Dance CD available here.
From another Plaice CD available here.
Listen & buy single tracks from Tricks Upon Travellers here
My other tracks here
# 14
SPL
SPL
09/25/2005 5:58 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyThere is no such thing as a sophisticated beer. Beer is for the working man, in my opinion, so why be all pretentious about it.

MANY knowledgable people would beg to differ.
Beer is as much for the working man as wine is for the soccer mom. Just because some people only use it to get drunk doesn't mean there aren't any big difference in quality out there. Whether you can appreciate those differences is a whole other issue.
For those of us who don't use beer just a vehicle to get wasted, there are HUGE differences between the crap beers and the more "sophistacted" stuff.

My favorites are the Belgian beers, Cristal Alken, Palm, Stella Artois, Duvel, Chimay, Delerium Tremens, Hoegaarden,...
# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/26/2005 1:04 am
Originally Posted by: SPL... there are HUGE differences between the crap beers and the more "sophistacted" stuff.

My favorites are the Belgian beers, ... Chimay, ...
+123456789

:D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 16
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
09/26/2005 1:52 am
You all can keep your beer. I'll take another bottle of Crown Royal Special Reserve please. Thanks!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 17
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/26/2005 2:08 am
Crown Royal sounds interesting. I've never seen it sold around here, but I saw an ad for them in a Playboy magazine when I was in 7th grade.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 18
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/26/2005 2:22 am
Maybe I'm drinking too much 'Turkey, but it seems like Crown is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt.

It's good stuff, but I like my whiskey to fight back a little more.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 19
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/26/2005 12:20 pm
CR is fairly sweet, but when compaired to Jack, so is Turkey..... at least to me. I like aspects of all 3 though. :D

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.