View post (Your Local)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/24/2005 3:16 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyNo offense to like everyone, but i'm sick of hearing this condescending type attitude towards american beer. There is no such thing as a sophisticated beer. Beer is for the working man, in my opinion, so why be all pretentious about it. I mean really, its just beer. Some people like American beer, some like canadian, some like mexican, some like european, you get the idea. I frankly don't care as long as I get drunk.

Commercial American beer is barely alcoholic, homogenized piss water.

Commercial beer elsewhere in the world is at the least much more alcoholic and usually made with an ethos better resembling our micro brews.

So, that's where a lot of this comes from.

However, I know a world traveling beer fanatic who claims with absolute certainty that the best beers in the world, bar none, come from Vermont and the American Rockies.

He thinks it has to do with the water being free of pollutants while having a benificial mineral content.

So, our small breweries can swap haymakers with anybody in the world. It's just the Buds and Old Millwaters that are giving us the bad name.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons