View post (Your Local)

View thread

meandmyRG
meandmyRG
10/05/2004 2:01 pm
Just looking at some of these posts im guessing theres not many aussies here and thats bloody disgraceful. Most of you that have tried some ozzy varieties of beer may have only had the tripe that we send to wherever it is you may come from, so please allow me to give you a guide to drinking in Australia.

Victoria Bitter (a.k.a VB, Vitamin B) is the type you wouldnt go buy yourself but if youre offered one from a mates fridge it is then classed as FREE and therefore becomes drinkable, I give it a 3-10.

Fosters (a.k.a the tripe that we send to wherever it is you may come from). This is not beer, at best it is sheep urine with a touch of methylated spirits, I would sooner drink the pond water at the local park. It will receive no rating.

west end draught (a.k.a Westies). A big tick from me, ive had many a fun night that I cant remember with this little beauty. If youre ever in south australia you cant leave till you have a few at the pub. 7/8-10

Coopers pale ale (a.k.a Pale). This is quite a good drop as long as you know how to drink it the right way. If its from the tap you can drink it down without a worry but its better from a stubbie, this is the trick to it, with a stubbie of pale you turn it upside down and give it a tap on the bumb to stir up the sediment on the bottom otherwise its just disgusting. Definetly worth a look. 6-10

Crown lager (a.k.a The good stuff). The heavens are opening above me as I type this name. If this isnt the best beer in the world than you can spank my granny with a rubber chicken. I dont know if it gets exported to any other countries but if its not in yours I suggest you sell your first born and come to the land of oz for a pint. A massive 10-10

Theres also xxxx which I would rate the same as westies but they are a slightly different taste, one thing to take notice of when looking for westies overseas is not to be confused with west end export, remember Draught is the brew and export is the poo.

The only non-ozzy beer I will drink is guinness which is bloody good stuff.