I'll be keeping my Guitar Tricks subscription

Terry45
Full Access
Terry45
Full Access
04/06/2023 8:49 pm

Trust me I also hate that we lost 323 songs.  That is a huge number and I had several on the list that I've been working on and lost and many I wanted to learn as my skills improve that are gone. That being said,  I'll be staying.  Guitar Tricks still has a lot to offer and easily beats the others out there. I have been playing with Fender Play for the past couple of months comparing and going through the My Path rock lessons. There is no comparison between the FP path and the Rock path Anders Mouridsen teaches.  Anders goes into great detail in his courses and you can tell he puts a lot into it. Plus you have tabs and a real backing track to play to. You don't have that on FP. You get an abrieviated version of the song and then usually a midi backing track. Not the same. Also most of the songs on  FP are easy  versions and not note for note and only are few are the full song. 

And then you have Anders' guitar insider and not to mention Dave Celentano's Wednesday night lessons.  Those lessons can take up an entire week of practice alone.  And we still have plenty of great songs to learn.  Hopefully we will get a few songs back as we go and add some new ones. 

For me, Guitar Tricks is well worth the price.  I just started chapter two of Rock level 2 today. I'll be canceling FP and keeping GT!

edited
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
04/06/2023 11:09 pm

Thanks for sticking with us Terry! New songs will still be uploaded each week, along with other new content we have planned. We appreciate your continued patronage. 

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
04/07/2023 3:37 am

I agree. 

Rumble

# 3
dougguitar
Full Access
dougguitar
Full Access
04/07/2023 4:12 am

Yes, I'm not going anywhere either. Am I massively frustrated at losing so many song lessons? You better believe it! But I still have a long list of songs on my "To learn" list. And I do credit Guitar Tricks for being very consistent at adding new song lessons. I'm a member at several sites with guitar song lessons, and not all of them are very consistent about releasing new lessons. And whether it's a coincidence or not, I've actually been around here long enough to see GT do lessons for some of the songs I've requested, which is very cool. And I've grown to really like the teaching style of some of the teachers, like Mike, Dave and Chris. So, please keep those guys crazy busy filming new song lessons, and let's hope we don't have any more licensing issues in the future.

# 4
martin.bayly
Full Access
martin.bayly
Full Access
04/07/2023 6:13 am

šŸ’Æ

# 5
Terry45
Full Access
Terry45
Full Access
04/07/2023 11:25 am
#4 Originally Posted by: dougguitar

Yes, I'm not going anywhere either. Am I massively frustrated at losing so many song lessons? You better believe it! But I still have a long list of songs on my "To learn" list. And I do credit Guitar Tricks for being very consistent at adding new song lessons. I'm a member at several sites with guitar song lessons, and not all of them are very consistent about releasing new lessons. And whether it's a coincidence or not, I've actually been around here long enough to see GT do lessons for some of the songs I've requested, which is very cool. And I've grown to really like the teaching style of some of the teachers, like Mike, Dave and Chris. So, please keep those guys crazy busy filming new song lessons, and let's hope we don't have any more licensing issues in the future.

Agree completely. 

# 6
RnFnR
Full Access
RnFnR
Full Access
04/07/2023 12:07 pm
#1 Originally Posted by: Terry45

Trust me I also hate that we lost 323 songs.  That is a huge number and I had several on the list that I've been working on and lost and many I wanted to learn as my skills improve that are gone. That being said,  I'll be staying.  Guitar Tricks still has a lot to offer and easily beats the others out there. I have been playing with Fender Play for the past couple of months comparing and going through the My Path rock lessons. There is no comparison between the FP path and the Rock path Anders Mouridsen teaches.  Anders goes into great detail in his courses and you can tell he puts a lot into it. Plus you have tabs and a real backing track to play to. You don't have that on FP. You get an abrieviated version of the song and then usually a midi backing track. Not the same. Also most of the songs on  FP are easy  versions and not note for note and only are few are the full song. 

And then you have Anders' guitar insider and not to mention Dave Celentano's Wednesday night lessons.  Those lessons can take up an entire week of practice alone.  And we still have plenty of great songs to learn.  Hopefully we will get a few songs back as we go and add some new ones. 

For me, Guitar Tricks is well worth the price.  I just started chapter two of Rock level 2 today. I'll be canceling FP and keeping GT!

I feel the same, Terry45. I am deeply disappointed in the loss of so many songs I wanted to learn, but I am learning so much from Anders as well as Mike. I'll be sticking around. Oh, and I'll have to check out the Wednesday night lessons. Thanks for the tip!

# 7
mike616
mike616
04/07/2023 4:21 pm

Same. I can't wait till I get to the blues lessons. 

# 8
RonJ66
RonJ66
04/09/2023 6:36 am

I'm sticking with Guitartricks.  I want to learn to play the guitar and this is the place to do it.

Barre none. ... you saw what I did there right? haha.  

My bad.

# 9
Rumble Walrus
Rumble Walrus
04/10/2023 2:23 am

Keep 'em coming RonJ - tough to beat a good pun...

# 10
W3
Full Access
W3
Full Access
04/10/2023 1:46 pm

My favorite chord is Gsus :)

# 11
davem_or
Full Access
davem_or
Full Access
04/11/2023 1:53 am
#11 Originally Posted by: W3

Gsus is just alright with me.

# 12
manXcat
manXcat
04/11/2023 2:32 am
#11 Originally Posted by: W3

But we digress. And on that note, I couldn't resist chiming in on this one.

Not sure if it's possible to have a favourite chord from so many, although generally I prefer the subtle melancholy shift with 7th minors and add9s. That said, as a Beatles afficionado particularly appreciative of their early work, I love The Beatles' ubiquitious deployment of B7. Just something about it and Bm featuring in so many of their songs. At one time, the Beatles did too as Paul relates it.

edited
# 13
RonJ66
RonJ66
04/11/2023 2:59 am

W3 when it comes to Gsus I can only say Amin to that brother  ;)

# 14
chemical_fusion
Full Access
chemical_fusion
Full Access
04/17/2023 9:16 am

Ive only been here 10 months but Im defo keeping my sub and will renew too, this site has way more valuable sources of information other than the songs. 

What im trying to grasp is people saying "300+ songs gone I'm unsubbing"... realisitcally and honestly out of those 300 songs how many were they going to learn ?   

I had a look and could see maybe 5 tracks at most that I may have wanted but certainly not 300, but my music tastes are a bit different to the masses anyway, but my focus was never going to be that 300+ songs. 

edited
# 15
dougguitar
Full Access
dougguitar
Full Access
04/17/2023 2:31 pm
#15 Originally Posted by: chemical_fusion

Ive only been here 10 months but Im defo keeping my sub and will renew too, this site has way more valuable sources of information other than the songs. 

What im trying to grasp is people saying "300+ songs gone I'm unsubbing"... realisitcally and honestly out of those 300 songs how many were they going to learn ?   

I had a look and could see maybe 5 tracks at most that I may have wanted but certainly not 300, but my music tastes are a bit different to the masses anyway, but my focus was never going to be that 300+ songs. 

I've already replied that I'm also keeping my subscription, but for me personally:

-- There were about 30-40 songs removed that were on my "To Learn" list

-- I don't really use much of the non-song lesson content on the site. Pretty much all I do is learn songs. I would far rather learn new techniques and skills in the context of a song than as some abstract, standalone lesson. YMMV

-- 792 songs is still quite a large library of song lessons

# 16
Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
04/17/2023 10:04 pm
#15 Originally Posted by: chemical_fusion

That's where the difference is, you've been a member for 10 months versus 5,10,15 years.  Not all songs appeal to everyone and as you stated you may have only wanted 5 of the songs.  In my case I lost out on much more than that, at least 50-60.  Many of the classic rock songs, as an exapmle Lynyrd Skynyrd, had more than 5 songs alone.  If, for example, you start seeing the type of songs geared toward your interest, you'll view it much differently if you suddenly lose those songs that you're working on.

# 17
chemical_fusion
Full Access
chemical_fusion
Full Access
04/18/2023 9:02 am
#17 Originally Posted by: Bobk42

That's where the difference is, you've been a member for 10 months versus 5,10,15 years.  Not all songs appeal to everyone and as you stated you may have only wanted 5 of the songs.  In my case I lost out on much more than that, at least 50-60.  Many of the classic rock songs, as an exapmle Lynyrd Skynyrd, had more than 5 songs alone.  If, for example, you start seeing the type of songs geared toward your interest, you'll view it much differently if you suddenly lose those songs that you're working on.

That is very true.    I guess if I had been working on songs that I was intrested in I would be pretty narked TBH. 

# 18
BrokenSolo
BrokenSolo
04/27/2023 9:35 am

I joined only a month before they blitzed the list, both the songs I was learning disappeared. So yes it is frustrating and disappointing.

# 19
Idle strummer
Full Access
Idle strummer
Full Access
05/01/2023 8:43 pm

I agree with ‘the remainers’ and will be sticking with GT as there is still a lot of great content.

It is really disappointing to lose so many great song lessons and my initial reaction was …..no Skynyrd….no point, find another source. 

The trouble, there isn’t one, so I’ll be staying.

My request to GT admin would be, please give a clear statement on future policy;

Where great lessons, such as ‘That smell’ have disappeared, is there any realistic hope of a future successful negotiation with the copyright holders? 

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.