View post (I'll be keeping my Guitar Tricks subscription)

View thread

Terry45
Full Access
Terry45
Full Access
04/06/2023 8:49 pm

Trust me I also hate that we lost 323 songs.  That is a huge number and I had several on the list that I've been working on and lost and many I wanted to learn as my skills improve that are gone. That being said,  I'll be staying.  Guitar Tricks still has a lot to offer and easily beats the others out there. I have been playing with Fender Play for the past couple of months comparing and going through the My Path rock lessons. There is no comparison between the FP path and the Rock path Anders Mouridsen teaches.  Anders goes into great detail in his courses and you can tell he puts a lot into it. Plus you have tabs and a real backing track to play to. You don't have that on FP. You get an abrieviated version of the song and then usually a midi backing track. Not the same. Also most of the songs on  FP are easy  versions and not note for note and only are few are the full song. 

And then you have Anders' guitar insider and not to mention Dave Celentano's Wednesday night lessons.  Those lessons can take up an entire week of practice alone.  And we still have plenty of great songs to learn.  Hopefully we will get a few songs back as we go and add some new ones. 

For me, Guitar Tricks is well worth the price.  I just started chapter two of Rock level 2 today. I'll be canceling FP and keeping GT!

edited