I'll be keeping my Guitar Tricks subscription

Idle strummer
Full Access
Idle strummer
Full Access
05/01/2023 8:43 pm

I agree with ‘the remainers’ and will be sticking with GT as there is still a lot of great content.

It is really disappointing to lose so many great song lessons and my initial reaction was …..no Skynyrd….no point, find another source. 

The trouble, there isn’t one, so I’ll be staying.

My request to GT admin would be, please give a clear statement on future policy;

Where great lessons, such as ‘That smell’ have disappeared, is there any realistic hope of a future successful negotiation with the copyright holders? 

# 21
Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
05/02/2023 2:02 am
#20 Originally Posted by: Idle strummer

I agree with ‘the remainers’ and will be sticking with GT as there is still a lot of great content.

It is really disappointing to lose so many great song lessons and my initial reaction was …..no Skynyrd….no point, find another source. 

The trouble, there isn’t one, so I’ll be staying.

My request to GT admin would be, please give a clear statement on future policy;

Where great lessons, such as ‘That smell’ have disappeared, is there any realistic hope of a future successful negotiation with the copyright holders? 

Good luck.  You won't get a straight answer from GT. I know, I've tried.  They just keep blaming the publisher, which is BS.  They won't tell you why the publisher won't allow the license renewal but my guess is that GT doesn't want to pay what they're asking.  I tried to give the benefit of the doubt but this last round of song deletions was just too much and that's why I just cancelled my subscription after 15 years.

# 22
BRIAN MARTIN
Full Access
BRIAN MARTIN
Full Access
07/28/2023 9:35 pm
#22 Originally Posted by: Bobk42

Good luck.  You won't get a straight answer from GT. I know, I've tried.  They just keep blaming the publisher, which is BS.  They won't tell you why the publisher won't allow the license renewal but my guess is that GT doesn't want to pay what they're asking.  I tried to give the benefit of the doubt but this last round of song deletions was just too much and that's why I just cancelled my subscription after 15 years.

Totally understand your frustration. Funny, I have been a member since 2008 and just realized that myt favorites lesson list has been butchered despite showing that it's still a favorite until I hit begin. Vey frustrating they can send emails about renewing but not give us a heads up so many good songs have disappeared. I shouldn't have to spend time on the forum, that's not why I joined. Likely my last year also. 

# 23

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.