View post (I'll be keeping my Guitar Tricks subscription)

View thread

Bobk42
Full Access
Bobk42
Full Access
04/17/2023 10:04 pm
#15 Originally Posted by: chemical_fusion

Ive only been here 10 months but Im defo keeping my sub and will renew too, this site has way more valuable sources of information other than the songs. 

What im trying to grasp is people saying "300+ songs gone I'm unsubbing"... realisitcally and honestly out of those 300 songs how many were they going to learn ?   

I had a look and could see maybe 5 tracks at most that I may have wanted but certainly not 300, but my music tastes are a bit different to the masses anyway, but my focus was never going to be that 300+ songs. 

That's where the difference is, you've been a member for 10 months versus 5,10,15 years.  Not all songs appeal to everyone and as you stated you may have only wanted 5 of the songs.  In my case I lost out on much more than that, at least 50-60.  Many of the classic rock songs, as an exapmle Lynyrd Skynyrd, had more than 5 songs alone.  If, for example, you start seeing the type of songs geared toward your interest, you'll view it much differently if you suddenly lose those songs that you're working on.