New Member Intro

fjniskey
fjniskey
01/14/2001 4:03 am
Hello Everyone,

My name is Francis and I have been playing guitar for about 18 years now. My influenences are Satch,Yngwie,Vai,Randy Rhoads,and alot of the older Metal bands. My current guitars and equipment set up is a Ibanez RG520, a Jackson DK-1 Custom with EMG-81's, a Ibanez Classical Accoustic/Electric, a Digitech Whammy Pedal, a Morley Bad Horsie Wah, a Cry Baby Wah, a Digitech RP-7 Valve Processor, a Digitech Studio 100 Effects Processor, a 31 Band Single Channel EQ, a Marshall Lead12, and a Marshall G50RCD Amp. My dream guitars would be a Ibanez Universe (Multicolor), a Ibanez JEM10, a Ibanez JEM GMC (Greem Multi Color) and a Fender Yngwie Strat. My motivation is to be able to play my guitar to express the emotion I feel inside like Steve Vai is capable of doing. On my days off of work I try to get in about 8-10 hrs of practice each day and when I work I try to get in at least a couple hrs. each day.
I am married to a wonderful wife who supports my musical endeavors 100%. Well hopefully this gives you a little insight about me and I look forward to contributing to this board and helping others along with their musical endeavors, whatever they may be.

Francis
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
01/14/2001 4:54 am
Originally posted by fjniskey
My motivation is to be able to play my guitar to express the emotion I feel inside like Steve Vai is capable of doing.

Francis [/B]

Hi Francis, Ive been playing guitar for almost ten years now, as well as several other different instruments. I originally got started on the panio at a very young age, what attracted me to the guitar (besides Jimmy Page) was basically the endless possibilities and various techniques. Just a way to further my creativity, ever since I held my first Nylon string acoustic in my hands Ive been obsessed. I'm glad that I started out on a nylon acoustic (without a pick), because I gained a better appreciation for single string techniques, as well as a way to help both of my hands communicate with each other more freely. Becoming reather proficient with fingerstyle techniques as an early stage has definitely added just enough fluidity to my overall sound. I have several different instruments, but my personal favorite would have to be The Fender Stratocaster, I don't like to feel tied down to just one particular style, with this instrument I can play for hours without limitations. All in all, whenever I'm not tied down at work, I always try to get in at least 4-5 hours a day of practicing, then again theres always the weekends, :).

With creating music, Ive always felt thats its such a natural experience, to show the way by which my personality will come to its measure of completeness.

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2
Elmo45
Elmo45
01/14/2001 5:22 am
Hey, does your wife have a sister? he he.
I coulda' used a nice girl like that when I first started!
100% behind a beginning player would have made me a better player, now I'm playing catch-up!
# 3
fjniskey
fjniskey
01/14/2001 5:27 am
Nice to meet you Joseph. Jimmy Page had alot to do with me picking up the guitar too. Then when Eddie Van Halen came out, I knew that I had to learn to play guitar. I have been spending alot of time with my nylon string learning Bach recently to get my finger-picking chops up to par. I get into moods where I strictly play classical for awhile and when the urge hits it is time to crank up the amp and let it rip. I usually sit in alot with bands out where I live and teach alot of lead to people but I am more into home recording now. I feel it gives me a chance to let the creative juices flow and I am not trapped into playing the same music over and over in a band. Looking forward to sharing ideas with you in the future.

Later,
Francis
# 4
fjniskey
fjniskey
01/14/2001 5:37 am
Nice to meet you Elmo45. Yes she has a sister.It took me 26 yrs to find my wife. I went through the numerous years of relationships of seeing the women walk out of my life and no matter what I always had my guitar. I knew if I held out long enough that I would find the perfect wife and it was worth it. A relationship that has both partners believing in the others dreams and supporting those dreams is the best relationship of all.

Later
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.