View post (New Member Intro)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
01/14/2001 4:54 am
Originally posted by fjniskey
My motivation is to be able to play my guitar to express the emotion I feel inside like Steve Vai is capable of doing.

Francis [/B]

Hi Francis, Ive been playing guitar for almost ten years now, as well as several other different instruments. I originally got started on the panio at a very young age, what attracted me to the guitar (besides Jimmy Page) was basically the endless possibilities and various techniques. Just a way to further my creativity, ever since I held my first Nylon string acoustic in my hands Ive been obsessed. I'm glad that I started out on a nylon acoustic (without a pick), because I gained a better appreciation for single string techniques, as well as a way to help both of my hands communicate with each other more freely. Becoming reather proficient with fingerstyle techniques as an early stage has definitely added just enough fluidity to my overall sound. I have several different instruments, but my personal favorite would have to be The Fender Stratocaster, I don't like to feel tied down to just one particular style, with this instrument I can play for hours without limitations. All in all, whenever I'm not tied down at work, I always try to get in at least 4-5 hours a day of practicing, then again theres always the weekends, :).

With creating music, Ive always felt thats its such a natural experience, to show the way by which my personality will come to its measure of completeness.

-Joseph, :)
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."