does anybody care?

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/05/2006 8:31 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyDude, you need to learn to take a freekin joke. I said that about Lamb of God cuz I dont like anyone who takes music as serious as they do and is so pissy in their lyrics. Black metal, death metal, whatever it may be, I dont like how angry the music is. I didnt even read into the lyrics to tell you the truth. I know everyone hates Bush and the Iraq war and thats your opinion and Ive got no problem with you stating that. I just dont like the music, plain and simple.

Maybe you should quit analyzying what you hate about everybody, myself and other Christians in particular, and worry about yourself who always seems to be on the brink of suicide. Think you got your own problems to take care of before you need to start worrying about everyone else.

Why dont you rant on Islam if this is your attitude? Cant even draw a freekin political cartoon without those guys freeking out and protesting. Last time I checked, Christians werent the ones blowing themselves up and waging war on everyone who didnt hold the same beliefs as them.

Stackny, I am a Christian, and 6strngs has never "analysed what he hates about me" based on my faith (at least, I don't think so! ;) ). He wasn't trying to mock your views - he simply doesn't understand the reasons why you dislike Lamb of God. For that matter, neither do I, but the point is, you shouldn't take it personally; it's a difference of opinion, and nobody wants to start an argument over it. I sound like I'm patronising you here, and I'm not a mod, so I probably shouldn't, but please just calm down.

Also, that was a rather insensitive comment about 6strngs needing to deal with his own problems. I think that the Christian thing to do would be to apologise. And I think you should retract those comments about Islam as well.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/05/2006 8:55 pm
I don't hate people because they are christian, alot of my friends are. But I hate the views and attitudes that are so common among christians, such as the ones you are displaying right now stackny.

also, what's wrong with taking music seriously? metal isn't the only form that does so, in fact, pretty much every form of music is serious, save for maybe emo. including christian music... especially christian music... those lyrics are even stronger and more direct then most metal bands. yet you seem to have no problem with that.. why? because the view agree with what you believe perhaps?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 8:55 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusStackny, I am a Christian, and 6strngs has never "analysed what he hates about me" based on my faith (at least, I don't think so! ;) ). He wasn't trying to mock your views - he simply doesn't understand the reasons why you dislike Lamb of God. For that matter, neither do I, but the point is, you shouldn't take it personally; it's a difference of opinion, and nobody wants to start an argument over it. I sound like I'm patronising you here, and I'm not a mod, so I probably shouldn't, but please just calm down.

Also, that was a rather insensitive comment about 6strngs needing to deal with his own problems. I think that the Christian thing to do would be to apologise. And I think you should retract those comments about Islam as well.

I understand clearly why I dislike Lamb of God. Cuz all they do is bitch and complain in their lyrics and theyre always so angry. Lighten up a bit Lamb of God. Life aint that bad. Just dont go out and analyze what I say, which 6strngs did totally incorrectly, when you dont know what I mean. On multiple occassions on this site, people haven taken what Ive said out of context and interpret it to make me look like Im a terrible person. And Im really not. Ive been referred to as a fascist and even compared to Adolf Hitler.

Retract my comments about Islam? No freekin way.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 3
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 8:58 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs
also, what's wrong with taking music seriously? metal isn't the only form that does so, in fact, pretty much every form of music is serious, save for maybe emo. including christian music... especially christian music... those lyrics are even stronger and more direct then most metal bands. yet you seem to have no problem with that.. why? because the view agree with what you believe perhaps?

Theres nothing wrong with taking the music seriously. But as I stated before, life isnt really that bad. How could you be that pissed all the time? Christian music praises God, not condemns the beliefs of others.

BTW, I hate Christian music. Its menotnous. Some 24 year old guy with his acoustic hittin some chords. Screw that.
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/05/2006 9:12 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyWhy dont you rant on Islam if this is your attitude? Cant even draw a freekin political cartoon without those guys freeking out and protesting. Last time I checked, Christians werent the ones blowing themselves up and waging war on everyone who didnt hold the same beliefs as them.

A. It's not all Muslims

B. It's not even close to all Muslims.

C. Oklahoma City Bombing, various bombed abortion clinics, KKK, Neo-Nazi organizations, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition

Maybe Christians aren't blowing themselves up, but we're apparently pretty good at blowing up other people.

Edit: Oh, and D. Remove the plank in your own eye, THEN remove the speck in your brother's. If we're going to use Christian sources.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 9:30 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonA. It's not all Muslims

B. It's not even close to all Muslims.

C. Oklahoma City Bombing, various bombed abortion clinics, KKK, Neo-Nazi organizations, the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition

Maybe Christians aren't blowing themselves up, but we're apparently pretty good at blowing up other people.

Edit: Oh, and D. Remove the plank in your own eye, THEN remove the speck in your brother's. If we're going to use Christian sources.

The Muslims true to their religion are the ones blowing themselves up. Thats the scary part. Its a sick and twisted religion to say the least. The Koran repeatedly says things such as wage war on the infidels and die a martyr and youl be rewarded with 70 virgins. Its the most degrading religion to women also. Just totally sick and twisted and its sad that youl even defend it.

How did the things mention in your C group even come into this conversation? Lets first go to the fact that there are varying kinds of Christians. Catholics are a type of Christian and Im definitely not Catholic. Im evangelical so dont group me and real Christians in with the messed up versions of Bible observant religions. Everything you mentioned in C is something totally twisted and isnt actually Christianity. You know that. I know that. Lets not even go there.
# 6
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 9:36 pm
Couple of quotes from the Koran:

Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate.

Q 9:73

When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

Q 9:5

Heres one for the women of the board:

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient.

Q 4:34
# 7
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/05/2006 9:48 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyThe Muslims true to their religion are the ones blowing themselves up. Thats the scary part. Its a sick and twisted religion to say the least. The Koran repeatedly says things such as wage war on the infidels and die a martyr and youl be rewarded with 70 virgins. Its the most degrading religion to women also. Just totally sick and twisted and its sad that youl even defend it.

How did the things mention in your C group even come into this conversation? Lets first go to the fact that there are varying kinds of Christians. Catholics are a type of Christian and Im definitely not Catholic. Im evangelical so dont group me and real Christians in with the messed up versions of Bible observant religions. Everything you mentioned in C is something totally twisted and isnt actually Christianity. You know that. I know that. Lets not even go there.

Just as Muslim terrorist attacks are a twisted version of Islam, and their are many factions of that religion as well. All Christians classify themselves as "real Christians." And all Christians disagree with other Christians. So we're going to say the entire Muslim community supports this? I'm pretty sure it's closer to one percent. It's not the religions that are at fault, it's human beings' stupidity and willingness to fight over stupid ****.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/05/2006 10:03 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyCouple of quotes from the Koran:

Prophet, make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal rigorously with them. Hell shall be their home: an evil fate.

Q 9:73

When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.

Q 9:5

Heres one for the women of the board:

Men have authority over women because God has made the one superior to the other, and because they spend their wealth to maintain them. Good women are obedient.

Q 4:34

From the Christian Bible:

Eph 5:22-24

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
quickfingers
quickfingers
03/05/2006 10:17 pm
aw, **** work, they wont fire you. on thursday my brother got out of juvie and stole my van friday morning...crashed it into a truck and hes back in juvie again. i was so pissed when i found out that i didnt go to work and went and got drunk at a party. it felt awkward as hell to go back to work, but i told my boss what happened, about all teh drama and stuff, and she understood. im sure that theyll understand. even teh lamest bosses are still human beings, and they know how it is to lose ****.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 10
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 10:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonFrom the Christian Bible:

Eph 5:22-24

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

And the whole story.

Eph 5:25-33

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it to make it belong to God. Christ used the word to make the church clean by washing it with water. He died so that he could give the church to himself like a bride in all her beauty. He died so that the church could be pure and without fault, with no evil or sin or any other wrong thing in it. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as they love their own bodies. The man who loves his wife loves himself. No one ever hates his own body, but feeds and takes care of it. And that is what Christ does for the church, because we are parts of his body. The Scripture says, "So a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will become one body." That secret is very important-I am talking aobut Christ and the church. but each one of you must love his wife as he loves himself, and a wife must respect her husband.

Mutual respect there. The Koran has no respect for women whatsoever. Dont believe me? Watch tv with these women over there coverd from head to toe in those things they make them wear.
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/05/2006 11:06 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyAnd the whole story.

Eph 5:25-33

Husbands, love your wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for it to make it belong to God. Christ used the word to make the church clean by washing it with water. He died so that he could give the church to himself like a bride in all her beauty. He died so that the church could be pure and without fault, with no evil or sin or any other wrong thing in it. In the same way, husbands should love their wives as they love their own bodies. The man who loves his wife loves himself. No one ever hates his own body, but feeds and takes care of it. And that is what Christ does for the church, because we are parts of his body. The Scripture says, "So a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will become one body." That secret is very important-I am talking aobut Christ and the church. but each one of you must love his wife as he loves himself, and a wife must respect her husband.

Mutual respect there. The Koran has no respect for women whatsoever. Dont believe me? Watch tv with these women over there coverd from head to toe in those things they make them wear.

****ing D'UH there's more to it, but it can be interpreted in a horrible way, can it not? In the same way, the Qur'an can be interpreted in a horrible way if one wishes to do so. Not all Muslim women are wearing "those things," and it's simply an issue of traditional versus modern. I don't see you going off on the Amish here. Regardless, obviously there IS some oppression in the muslim world, but is there no oppression in the Christian world? Are Christians flawless in some way that makes them superior to Muslims? I'm not saying you've said Christians are superior to Muslims, but you have made the assertion that the Christian Religion is superior to Islam. Probably because you think it is truly supported by God. If I were God, I'd have withdrawn my endorsement from the mutation we call "Christianity" long ago. By the way "those things" are called burkas, also known as chadors.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 12
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 11:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollyson****ing D'UH there's more to it, but it can be interpreted in a horrible way, can it not? In the same way, the Qur'an can be interpreted in a horrible way if one wishes to do so. Not all Muslim women are wearing "those things," and it's simply an issue of traditional versus modern. I don't see you going off on the Amish here. Regardless, obviously there IS some oppression in the muslim world, but is there no oppression in the Christian world? Are Christians flawless in some way that makes them superior to Muslims? I'm not saying you've said Christians are superior to Muslims, but you have made the assertion that the Christian Religion is superior to Islam. Probably because you think it is truly supported by God. If I were God, I'd have withdrawn my endorsement from the mutation we call "Christianity" long ago. By the way "those things" are called burkas, also known as chadors.

Anything could be interpreted in a horrible way if you take it out of context. Think thats pretty obvious. Thats why you dont take it out of context.

I dont think anyone is superior to anyone else. I dont think my religion is superior to anyone elses, however, I think Islam is a sick and twisted religion.

We have this same debate everytime. We do not think on the same terms. I believe my religion is true and you guys just want everyone to be happy and nobody to get offended. Why would I go and contradict my beliefs? Thats not the way religion works. Your guys' ideas are great in theory, but not realistic.

Yeah, thanks for reminding theyre called burkas. Forgot.
# 13
stackny
stackny
03/05/2006 11:40 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneyou believe everything you see on TV??

that's part of the reason everyone over there hates us... because their media blames the US and the Jews for everything bad that happens.

I'm not trying to be totally contradictive; it's true... many Islamic sects believe in hijabs and/or burqas being necessary, and some nations (read: Saudi Arabia) require them to be worn. Many others require some sort of headgear... it's BS IMHO, but, look at pics of protests in Palestine, Syria, Lebanon... there are women there who aren't all done up. It's like how some Christian women believe that you should be modest and wear shapeless sweatshirts, and long skirts or loose-fitting pants... and then you go to some Christian churches and you may just as well have stepped into a hip hop video.

Yes, youre probably right. Just the fact that those laws are enforced anywhere is saddening.
# 14
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/06/2006 12:43 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsit's not a characteristic christians choose to acknowledge, but some more then others, most subconsciously think that.. there are the few who actually can be tolerant of other's views.

I completely disagree. I believe all true Christians acknowledge this. It is the belief that if you don't believe you will be damned after death.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 15
stackny
stackny
03/06/2006 1:23 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneI agree wholeheartedly, and I would absolutely love it if things changed over there... but...

Yeah, things aint changin. (I honestly dont know if I just misspelled changin or not. Brain fart.) Theres a prophecy of the Bible being fulfilled before our very eyes in the middle east.
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/06/2006 3:03 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyI dont think anyone is superior to anyone else. I dont think my religion is superior to anyone elses, however, I think Islam is a sick and twisted religion.

what? "I don't think I'm better then them, but I think they suck" so, either you just completely contradicted yourself. OR you just called your own religion a sick and twisted religion along with Islam.
my spyspace
# 17
stackny
stackny
03/06/2006 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswhat? "I don't think I'm better then them, but I think they suck" so, either you just completely contradicted yourself. OR you just called your own religion a sick and twisted religion along with Islam.

I did neither. Its 2 different things. Apples and oranges. They cant be compared nor is one superior to the other. Do I think oranges taste better than apples? Yep, but not necessarily superior.
# 18
acapella
acapella
03/06/2006 3:52 am
Looks like you guys have been busy while I was away! Why can't we all just get along, folks? Everybody has different beliefs, can't we all just accept that and get along? If nobody puts anybody's beliefs down, we should all be able to just get along, and talk about guitar, right? That's why we're here, right?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 19
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/06/2006 3:55 am
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeLooks like you guys have been busy while I was away! Why can't we all just get along, folks? Everybody has different beliefs, can't we all just accept that and get along? If nobody puts anybody's beliefs down, we should all be able to just get along, and talk about guitar, right? That's why we're here, right?

I asked them nicely not to start a religious debate.. but they just don't listen!
my spyspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.