does anybody care?

Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:03 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsTo be honest, I knew you were trying to make that point all along. But there's a big difference between thinking you're wrong and understanding the possibility of being wrong. You can be a 100% devout Christian, but still understand that the only way to truly know what the truth is is to die and find out for yourself. None of us has all the answers, therefore there's far more possibilities of conclusions than imagineable. Now, it's not a problem to follow what you believe 100%, but that doesn't mean that you have to void yourself of understanding what's around you.

At the end of the day, weā€™re all 2-sided existentialists, steeping through the sterile excrement of a doomed democracy. Folk whose post-Nietzschian sensibilities reject the bovine gregariousnous of a senile oligarchy. Anyone got a guitar? ;)
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 1
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:06 am
Originally Posted by: stackny

PS-I can assure there isnt gonna be any party in hell. (Thats not saying youre going to hell, just saying that if you think there is going to be a party and exists the way the Bible says it does, no party is going down.)

Damn. I bought that fireproof guitar case for nothin! ;)

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 2
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:23 am
Originally Posted by: jasminaI sat at a table of 11 people - all couples except me the only single chick at the table. **** it hurt

Hey Jasmine. I made an entire (26 year all told) career out of being the 'only chick at the table' and I'm a guy! You did right in getting it into lyric form. We never know at the time just how valuable and strength building these little episodes are, until much later, when hindsight clears the smog and we see it for what it was. As a musician, all experience is source material, if you use that as a mantra, you can spend crying time writing it down. Worked for me!

Steve Gad.

# 3
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:26 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyI had a post here but removed it after asking myself why I'm even posting in this thread anymore.

Shall we all agree to go somewhere else for a while? Is there a thread on lion-taming or something else less volatile than this thread?

# 4
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:28 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusActually, I think Iron Maiden should go to heaven for immeasurable services to culture - but I don't think God would be too happy about hearing "666, The Number of the Beast!" being sung at the Pearly Gates...

So you think they'd get away with "Bring your daughter to the slaughter?"

# 5
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:29 am
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeI didn't realize you could get into Heaven for writing popular metal songs. I heard a rumor that you can get into Hell for writing house music though.

Surely the words "Writing" and "House Music" are mutual exclusives?

# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
03/08/2006 10:30 am
Originally Posted by: GaddySo you think they'd get away with "Bring your daughter to the slaughter?"

Meh, it's tongue-in-cheek.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 7
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:34 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs

I mean seriously, if God rewards people for worshipping him, why wouldn't the devil do the same.

BANG! What a great point! (I'm having that line!!)

# 8
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:37 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusDrat! We'll just have to settle for Black Sabbath.

:) That made me smile, an I got a headache too!

# 9
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:45 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyYou know, Ive struggled with the same things you struggle with. "If God is such a good god, then why does he do such and such?" Trust me, the thoughts have crossed my mind too. Why did he put us here in the first place? Why did he create hell, if he knew some would end up there?

If 'God' is good, through and through, and forgives us ALL our sins, why invent hell in the first place? Why not let us all upstairs, and just educate the bad lot to his way of thinking?
I'd buy that.

# 10
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 10:53 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonMeh, it's tongue-in-cheek.

(whispers) I know! ;)

# 11
stackny
stackny
03/08/2006 2:35 pm
Originally Posted by: GaddyIf 'God' is good, through and through, and forgives us ALL our sins, why invent hell in the first place? Why not let us all upstairs, and just educate the bad lot to his way of thinking?
I'd buy that.

Gaddy, that was the point I was trying to make in the first place. Did you even read my post?.....I dont know why and nobody does, but we've got the choice to not go to hell.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 12
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/08/2006 4:51 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyGaddy, that was the point I was trying to make in the first place. Did you even read my post?.....I dont know why and nobody does, but we've got the choice to not go to hell.

If no one was reading your posts then there'd be no debate.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 13
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/08/2006 4:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsIf no one was reading your posts then there'd be no debate.

SNAP! You got served, Stackny!
# 14
acapella
acapella
03/08/2006 4:57 pm
I have a guitar. It's a Samick. It's red. It has two humbuckers. I play music on it sometimes. Pretty wild huh?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 15
stackny
stackny
03/08/2006 4:58 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsIf no one was reading your posts then there'd be no debate.

No, I meant, nobody knows the answers to the whys, not I dont know why nobody is reading my posts. Understand? :) That was sort of confusing the way I wrote.

So I guess I didnt actually get served Earthman!!!! :D
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/08/2006 5:05 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyNo, I meant, nobody knows the answers to the whys, not I dont know why nobody is reading my posts. Understand? :) That was sort of confusing the way I wrote.

So I guess I didnt actually get served Earthman!!!! :D

Judges....?

Bzzzzt.

Oh, I'm sorry, you had to answer in the form of a question.

Kidding aside, it's legit. You're off the hook this time.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 17
stackny
stackny
03/08/2006 5:06 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsJudges....?

Bzzzzt.

Oh, I'm sorry, you had to answer in the form of a question.

Kidding aside, it's legit. You're off the hook this time.

Yippy! :cool:
# 18
acapella
acapella
03/08/2006 5:11 pm
Yeah...so...guitars huh?
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 19
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/08/2006 5:42 pm
I'm done debating religious matters. I have a Studies of Religion assignment due next Thursday - I don't need any more religion than is necessary, at the moment.
See you in the SEX thread! :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.