does anybody care?

acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 4:27 pm
I was looking at one of the Mini Avion's on their site. What are they like?
I was hoping you'd have the one at the top of this page. Check this.

http://www.iwantguitars.com/store/?department=13

Haha, no, nothing like that. It's just an AV1. It was my first guitar, I got it used for an excellent price, and thought it was better than most guitars in the store, even the more expensive new ones, and I've never felt like I need a better one. Someday, when I have more disposable income I will upgrade, but I would never get rid of this one.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 1
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 4:50 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyGetting Served aka Smoked, Owned, Schooled..... Just totally shot down in your theories and ideas.

Thank you.
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 2
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 4:56 pm
Originally Posted by: Rsam16

JOHN LENNON: Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

John was hit four times, with only one bullet doing all the major (fatal) damage. Also, the actual quote from a fairly innocent piece (we didn't take his remarks as seriously) to Maureen Cleave, was published on 4th March 1966 by the London Evening Standard.
The quote was lifted by an American teen magazine, quite some time later. We all know what followed.

The actual quote was:

"Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. ... We're more popular than Jesus now; I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."

I don't wish to demean your piece, but in a post supposedly explaining why John was killed, it's worth getting our facts right. :-)

Anyone interested in reading the article verbatim, will find it here.

http://www.geocities.com/nastymcquickly/articles/standard.html

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 3
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:04 pm
I wonder what he means by "them twisting it". Maybe he thought like I do, that organized religion just exploits people's faith for their own gains. Usually monetary gains.
# 4
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 5:06 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsOk... perhaps I'm the only one that sees the irony. You post a message questioning why we're discussing religion, then you immediately follow up with contributing to the debate? Then when I mention that the rules for the forum permit us to discuss this you direct us a different forum even though you have already contributed to the debate that you apparantly wish to end?

I reckon if everyone just lightened up a few shades, we'd all benefit. During this debate I've thought hard at some of the stuff, laughed out loud at others, put my cigarette out (after RSam's piece) frowned, been amazed and worried a litttle bit at times for the sanity of some of us (me included) and yours Cryptic, has made my eyes stream with laughter so much, it's brought Juliet and the dogs upstairs, to see what's up. btw. I'm having a tee-shirt made of cryptic's reply. Pure genius!!

# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/09/2006 5:07 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeI wonder what he means by "them twisting it". Maybe he thought like I do, that organized religion just exploits people's faith for their own gains. Usually monetary gains.

I agree, organized religion makes little sense to me. I think religion just means what you believe in. I see organized religions as guidelines more than anything else. I take a little from each religion, combine them with some of my own beliefs, and that's my religion.
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:08 pm
Originally Posted by: GaddyI reckon if everyone just lightened up a few shades, we'd all benefit. During this debate I've thought hard at some of the stuff, laughed out loud at others, put my cigarette out (after RSam's piece) frowned, been amazed and worried a litttle bit at times for the sanity of some of us (me included) and yours Cryptic, has made my eyes stream with laughter so much, it's brought Juliet and the dogs upstairs, to see what's up. btw. I'm having a tee-shirt made of cryptic's reply. Pure genius!!

I'm a super hero. It's what I do.

Anyway, glad to have brightened your life up a bit. Can I get one of those shirts?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/09/2006 5:12 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI'm a super hero. It's what I do.

Anyway, glad to have brightened your life up a bit. Can I get one of those shirts?

Which reply was he making a shirt of?
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:13 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckWhich reply was he making a shirt of?[/QUOTE]
This one I think.
[QUOTE=Cryptic Excretions]
Ok... perhaps I'm the only one that sees the irony. You post a message questioning why we're discussing religion, then you immediately follow up with contributing to the debate? Then when I mention that the rules for the forum permit us to discuss this you direct us a different forum even though you have already contributed to the debate that you apparantly wish to end?

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:15 pm
That would be a shirt the size of Texas
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:19 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeThat would be a shirt the size of Texas

So? I'd still wear it. Anything that spreads my righteous words of Wisdom and Justice Justice Justice Justice Justice

Hulk Smash!!

# 11
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsSo? I'd still wear it. Anything that spreads my righteous words of Wisdom and Justice Justice Justice Justice Justice

Eh, I think they could fit it all on a trainers bra just fine. :p
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 12
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsSo? I'd still wear it. Anything that spreads my righteous words of Wisdom and Justice Justice Justice Justice Justice

No offence, but opinions aren't wisdom. Not trying to be mean, but having opinions doesn't equal having knowledge.
# 13
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/09/2006 5:22 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeNo offence, but opinions aren't wisdom. Not trying to be mean, but having opinions doesn't equal having knowledge.

It does when your opinions are right.
# 14
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:23 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckIt does when your opinions are right.

Opinions can't be right. That's why they're opinons, because it's what you think. It's right to you, but not necessarily true. Like an english exam.
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:23 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeNo offence, but opinions aren't wisdom. Not trying to be mean, but having opinions doesn't equal having knowledge.

Note: These views do not apply to anything I say. And the quote which we were referring to wasn't really an opinion, more so an observation.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 5:24 pm

LMFAO.......
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 17
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law

Finally. Someone that agrees with me.

Hulk Smash!!

# 18
earthman buck
earthman buck
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeOpinions can't be right. That's why they're opinons, because it's what you think. It's right to you, but not necessarily true. Like an english exam.

Yeah, it was a joke. Hop on the get-a-clue train.
# 19
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/09/2006 8:19 pm
Ha, this 'when your opinions are right' argument reminds me of scary movie 3 when the 2 guys are arguing about mice and rats.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.