So I just got back from the DMV

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/10/2005 8:57 pm
So I got back from the DMV a little while ago... and, I now officially have a driver's permit. then I drove for a half an hour... and I must say, I'm actually not all that bad if I do say so myself... this is probably as a result of countless hours playing Need for Speed games... lol
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/10/2005 11:15 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneit's only downhill from there.

prepare to lose at least half your income to the California DMV and courts system.

i have a suspended liscence from a ticket a year ago for 8 mph over in a 50 zone that they never put into the system for me to pay. so now i have to walk/bus to the courthouse and fork over lots of $$$ to not get arrested on the spot.

My brother lives and works in Mammoth Lakes and has had similar issues with California's court system.

Here's the catch... he doesn't even have a driver's license.

Can't POSSIBLY understand how the state his having budget problems.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/11/2005 12:46 am
Dane Cook talked about the DMV in his show on comedy central, calling it satins a$$!^$%. That guy is hilarious!!!!!
1 Peter 2:16
# 3
SPL
SPL
05/11/2005 1:08 am
The DMV in CA is swell, it only took them 11 months to send me my drivers license.

Oh, and being a good driver is nice, but what you really need to be worrying about is how bad all the other drivers are.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/11/2005 12:36 pm
I've had a relatively clean record. I got a ticket just before I turned 21 and boy was it a stupid one. So I'm sitting at a red light in the left lane wanting to make a left turn when BAM!! I just gun it right through that light and damn near hit someone and wouldn't you know it, I cut off a cop in the process of this massacre. $150 buck that one cost me.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
05/11/2005 8:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've had a relatively clean record. I got a ticket just before I turned 21 and boy was it a stupid one. So I'm sitting at a red light in the left lane wanting to make a left turn when BAM!! I just gun it right through that light and damn near hit someone and wouldn't you know it, I cut off a cop in the process of this massacre. $150 buck that one cost me.

I really hope you were being sarcastic
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/11/2005 9:39 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI've had a relatively clean record. I got a ticket just before I turned 21 and boy was it a stupid one. So I'm sitting at a red light in the left lane wanting to make a left turn when BAM!! I just gun it right through that light and damn near hit someone and wouldn't you know it, I cut off a cop in the process of this massacre. $150 buck that one cost me.

You drive like my friend, Matt...and my friend Josh...and my friend's brother Stephen...and me...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 7
Campy
Campy
05/11/2005 11:00 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonYou drive like my friend, Matt...and my friend Josh...and my friend's brother Stephen...and me...

So... that was either Matt, Josh, Stephen or you that cut me off on Colley Ave in Ghent?

:D
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/12/2005 12:40 pm
Isn't that ironic? One of those names Jolly mentioned is coincidentally mine as well. And I wish I was bull****ting. The situation was so stupid. The cop asked me if I was drinking or doing drugs and people that know me know I don't do either of those so. In actuality it really wasn't as bad as it sounds. Not that it was good, but I stopped with plenty of space before nailing anyone and the cop was just watching me. What I'm guessing set me off was it was late at night and there was no traffic. I had been sitting at a red light for way too long and when my peripheral vision caught the other direction's green light it set me off so I just slammed it. Regardless I don't think I got anything short of what I deserved.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/12/2005 6:48 pm
Originally Posted by: CampySo... that was either Matt, Josh, Stephen or you that cut me off on Colley Ave in Ghent?

:D

Well, I'm always going to the Fairgrounds coffee shop on that very street, so it might have been. Also, Stephen LIVES on Jamestown Crescent, which turns into Colley. You darn beach kids. Driving on Norfolk's roads.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.