i need a new guitar...

pricklepuss
pricklepuss
02/01/2004 1:19 am
its been 11 long days since the doctor said i had a mild tendonitis and ever since my beloved guitars have been gathering dust in the corner of my room.
about 3 months ago i changed my 'lead' guitar to an epiphone les paul custom zakk wylde, previously i had a cheaper LP copy. the thing is, the ZWLP has a thicker neck where it joins the body than my previous guitar so playing bends on the top E on the 21st/22nd fret became a bit of a stretch, and this is what has caused my injury.
so... im thinking that although i love my ZWLP (it has an excellent fast neck/fretboard, emg81/85 active p/ups, and that awesome bullseye paintjob) i should replace it with something that is easier to play around the 19+ frets to help avoid further injuries.
the question is, what?
my choice is on looks as well as playability, and i cant stand the styling of strats and all the 'metal' strat style guitars. i like the look of an sg or a tele but as a bass player i dont know where to start as i have no real experience of any lead guitars other than les pauls.
i cant play for about another week, but then i can start trying new guitars. i want a guitar that looks/sounds as distinctive as my epi ZWLP, but is easier to play...
what guitars should i look at?
# 1
Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
02/01/2004 2:48 am
Well, not sure what exactly you want. I have a Fender Tele and can play up around the high frets with ease. Reaching the low E causes a little more difficulty, but other than that no problem. If you want fat sounds, I'd go for aftermarket pups, especially the nck pup..that thing isn't made for metal.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 2
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
02/01/2004 5:05 am
Shhhh. Don't tell anyone about this... This is just between you and me...

http://www.docsguitars.com

You might have to spend some cash, but Doc will build the guitar for YOU to your specs.
He spends a lot of time with you before the build asking you questions like height, weight, and stuff I would have never thought would mattered, in order to make the perfect machine for you. In your situation, that is the route I would take.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.