View post (i need a new guitar...)

View thread

pricklepuss
pricklepuss
02/01/2004 1:19 am
its been 11 long days since the doctor said i had a mild tendonitis and ever since my beloved guitars have been gathering dust in the corner of my room.
about 3 months ago i changed my 'lead' guitar to an epiphone les paul custom zakk wylde, previously i had a cheaper LP copy. the thing is, the ZWLP has a thicker neck where it joins the body than my previous guitar so playing bends on the top E on the 21st/22nd fret became a bit of a stretch, and this is what has caused my injury.
so... im thinking that although i love my ZWLP (it has an excellent fast neck/fretboard, emg81/85 active p/ups, and that awesome bullseye paintjob) i should replace it with something that is easier to play around the 19+ frets to help avoid further injuries.
the question is, what?
my choice is on looks as well as playability, and i cant stand the styling of strats and all the 'metal' strat style guitars. i like the look of an sg or a tele but as a bass player i dont know where to start as i have no real experience of any lead guitars other than les pauls.
i cant play for about another week, but then i can start trying new guitars. i want a guitar that looks/sounds as distinctive as my epi ZWLP, but is easier to play...
what guitars should i look at?