Videogames

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/15/2003 5:55 am
Every once in a while, I enjoy playing some good videogames (PS2), as I feel it relaxes me from long hours of guitar. I know that alot of you are videogamers as well (some more and less avid than I), and I'd just like to know what your favorite games are, why, etc.

I just purchased Madden NFL 2004 on it's launch date (the 11th), and it is very good, totally worth the dough. Anyways, here are my top 3 picks.

1.) Madden NFL 2004
2.) Grand Theft Auto : Vice City
3.) Final Fantasy 7-10

Madden = There is a new owner mode, very neat, I enjoy all the little updates (my last madden was madden 2001, so its a huuuuge difference)

Vice City = the non-linear story is worth the cash alone, if you don't have this game.....buy it, it is awesome.

Final Fantasy 7-10 = Best RPG series ever; Nuff Said

Opinions?

~Incidents
# 1
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
08/15/2003 6:08 am
I like GTA Vice City as well.

Uhm, let's see. I think my list would be

1. Metal Gear Solid
2. Gran Turismo 3
3. NHL 2003(I'm a hockey player).

I also like Splinter Cell although it wasn't as good as MGS.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/15/2003 6:11 am
Metal Gear Solid (not SoL) was a great PS1 game, but Sons of Liberty wasn't that great. Splinter Cell was better than Sons of Liberty, hands down (in my opinion).

Although, Splinter Cell's proper form is on the PC/X box, and the PS2 doesn't really do it any justice.

I am a hockey fan too, but i can never get into the hockey games, because they never seem to be realistic enough for me...

~Incidents
# 3
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
08/15/2003 6:26 am
Oops, I meant SOL.

Yeah the hockey games are mostly arcade and not simulation. It's hard to find. I set mine up so it's realistic, but there are always going to be arcade properties to it. I don't think as many people would buy hockey games if they were realistic, people just want to party with their friends and smash 'em around and score a ton of goals. Not real hockey, but it's fun too.

# 4
Cody_King
Cody_King
08/15/2003 8:33 am
FF7 has the best all time story to me, it was also my first Rpg so it means alot to me, Before I started up guitar I was a big online Gamer, I played Half life quiet a bit.
I also played Everquest for about a year, and Asherons Call for 3 years.(thouse are both massive multiplayer Rpg's)

thouse things are beyond addictive, thats why i had to quit playing so i could concentrate on guitar.
# 5
TheElectricSnep
TheElectricSnep
08/15/2003 3:03 pm
I'm not a big gamer but I love Quake III Arena...it gives me the most satisfaction when I win or make an amazing shot and its fun online.
'There's no such thing as bad weather, there's only the wrong clothes...'
# 6
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/15/2003 6:08 pm
Originally posted by Cody_King
FF7 has the best all time story to me, it was also my first Rpg so it means alot to me, Before I started up guitar I was a big online Gamer, I played Half life quiet a bit.
I also played Everquest for about a year, and Asherons Call for 3 years.(thouse are both massive multiplayer Rpg's)

thouse things are beyond addictive, thats why i had to quit playing so i could concentrate on guitar.

Yeah, I stay away from Everquest, people call it "EverCrack", among other names. Supposedly, some kid killed himself because his character died in everquest (or something like that).

I own FF7, FF8, FF9, and FF10, but I play them until I beat them, and never play them again (or at least, not for two years). I haven't beaten FF8 yet (I'm on the 3rd disc, near the end), but all the others, I have.

Everyone needs an escape from guitar from time to time, if you told me that you didn't, you'd be lying to yourself and to me.

~Incidents
# 7
The Other One
The Other One
08/15/2003 7:16 pm
Im not as big of a gamer as i ws before but my list stands as so...

1)Duke Nukem 3D:A GREAT ALL-TIME CLASSIC!!!!!!!!
2)WW99:very obscure spaceship shooter;another of my fav genres
3)Golden Sun 1&2:great fun from the GBA
4)Frequency:i like alot of strange games its sooo cool
5)Final Fantasy 9:Amazing RPG...my fav of the FF's
6)Diablo 2:loads of fun for a long time
7)Rez:great very obscure 1st person shooter
8)Shogo: a cheap 3rt person shooter is SOO much fun to play
9)The Sims: its always fun to play in another life...
10)Rock Manager: lol great game...i like it for obvious reasons
....What a long, strange trip its been.....
# 8
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
08/15/2003 10:54 pm
I spend most of my non-guitar playing (and sometimes while I am playing) hours playing Earth and Beyond... Not too bad of a game for a mass RPG, but the time it take going from place to place in the different galaxies is FOREVER, especially if your a tightwad and don't wanna spend your credits on an upgraded enging with better warp capabilities...

I also like any game where you can beat up a pimp or kill someone. GTA3 falls in that catagory. That's about it though.. I wanna get Splinter Cell, I'm just waiting for it to go on sale :)

So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 9
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/16/2003 12:48 am
Originally posted by The Other One
Im not as big of a gamer as i ws before but my list stands as so...

1)Duke Nukem 3D:A GREAT ALL-TIME CLASSIC!!!!!!!!
2)WW99:very obscure spaceship shooter;another of my fav genres
3)Golden Sun 1&2:great fun from the GBA
4)Frequency:i like alot of strange games its sooo cool
5)Final Fantasy 9:Amazing RPG...my fav of the FF's
6)Diablo 2:loads of fun for a long time
7)Rez:great very obscure 1st person shooter
8)Shogo: a cheap 3rt person shooter is SOO much fun to play
9)The Sims: its always fun to play in another life...
10)Rock Manager: lol great game...i like it for obvious reasons

Great to see a fellow dead fan on here; tOO, looks to me like you have a pretty vast knowledge of videogames and what are the good ones, much more so than myself. Personally, I can't stand The Sims after 20 minutes, so I never bought the game. Final Fantasy 9 is amazing, yes; the ending to FF9 was VERY GOOD! i loved it!

What do you think about FF10? The ending to FF10 is the most amazing ending I've ever seen in any game, hands down (in my opinion).

~Incidents
# 10
The Other One
The Other One
08/16/2003 1:10 am
Originally posted by Incidents Happen

Great to see a fellow dead fan on here; tOO, looks to me like you have a pretty vast knowledge of videogames and what are the good ones, much more so than myself. Personally, I can't stand The Sims after 20 minutes, so I never bought the game. Final Fantasy 9 is amazing, yes; the ending to FF9 was VERY GOOD! i loved it!

What do you think about FF10? The ending to FF10 is the most amazing ending I've ever seen in any game, hands down (in my opinion).

~Incidents [/B]

Yea i really love the Grateful Dead. Im planning on going to a Dead concert next month...

As for games, its a great way to relax from the quest of guitar perfection...I love Final Fantasy and personally think it is the greatest video game series of all time...i also think that ff10 had a great ending although only my friend could beat it so i never got to see it that much...i love FF9 because of the feeling i get when i play it...i can instantly pop in the memory card and start from Trance Kuja and play him and the Final Boss, which i always thought was alot of fun...Plus i like the music that plays during the battle with Trance Kuja...I always thought it would be cool to play my own version of that, or at least learn how to play it, but im not sure if i will be able to find it that easily...
# 11
Cody_King
Cody_King
08/16/2003 1:21 am
Duke 3d rocked! ;) I used to design levels for that game before i started up halflife, which i also made levels for.
for the everquest thing, I think his account go deleated or something, and In everquest it takes month and months of ingame leveling to get to the top. so I think he killed him self, but thats beacuse the kids an idiot not beacuse of the game. If people would show some will power bad stuff wouldnt happen like that.
# 12
The Other One
The Other One
08/16/2003 1:44 am
o and BTW guys i am an incarnation of Enslaved2Metal (if anyone knows me)...i decided to change my name becuz it was SSSOOOOOOOOOOO misleading...i mean i luv some types (other types lyk nu metal i just cant stand) but i luv WAAAAAAY more than just metal...the type of music i play may be considered metal (progressive, symphonic) but it has alot more parts than that (it may be hard-edged metal but influences include 60's psychadelia, Electronic and Techno, some Classical, Folk, of course alot of types of Rock, some Tribal, and alot MORE.the only things that dont hav influence are pop and rap...). So i just wanted to say that...
AND I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY IF I AM COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC I JUST NEEDE SOME PLACE TO POST THIS AND...

ok guys back to video games...
# 13
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
08/16/2003 2:25 am
I never liked Final Fantasy. I have the very first one for nintendo (and have played the others), but I just never liked them much. I thought Dragon Warrior and some other lesser known RPG's were alot better when it came to that kind of gameplay. I haven't been into RPG's in a while, but my interest is growing because now they're coming up with ones where you do the fighting rather than choose "attack" and everything is a roll of the dice. My favorite games are first-person shooters like Doom, Wolfenstein, and Tom Clancy games. Right now it's Rogue spear and the new Wolfenstein. Can't wait to play Doom 3 and the new Metal Gear.
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.
# 14
b_hoves
b_hoves
08/17/2003 9:05 am
my five in no particular order
1. Grad Trurismo 3
2. Hafe life: counter strike
3. BF 1942
4. FF7
5. FIFA 2003
# 15
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
08/17/2003 4:33 pm
Originally posted by The Other One
o and BTW guys i am an incarnation of Enslaved2Metal (if anyone knows me)...i decided to change my name becuz it was SSSOOOOOOOOOOO misleading...i mean i luv some types (other types lyk nu metal i just cant stand) but i luv WAAAAAAY more than just metal...the type of music i play may be considered metal (progressive, symphonic) but it has alot more parts than that (it may be hard-edged metal but influences include 60's psychadelia, Electronic and Techno, some Classical, Folk, of course alot of types of Rock, some Tribal, and alot MORE.the only things that dont hav influence are pop and rap...). So i just wanted to say that...
AND I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY IF I AM COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC I JUST NEEDE SOME PLACE TO POST THIS AND...

ok guys back to video games...

Don't worry about it.

~Incidents
# 16
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
08/17/2003 10:06 pm
Heres the list:

1) xwing/tie fighter space combat simulation series for pc
2) Street fighter
3) Metal Gear games
4) Final Fantasy 3, 7
5) James Bond: Golden eye
6) Warcraft 3, 2
7) Diablo 2
8) Betrayl at Krondar
9) Super Metroid
10) Xenogears

The best ever console:...ps1 followed closely by super nintendo. Ps2 is nothing special..
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 17
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
08/18/2003 5:56 am
between all those hi-tech games... does anyone actually remember the old days of C64 and Amiga 500???

i sooo loved the games for those computers - like the first Ultima series, Elvira, BubbleBobble, the gauntlet, Eye of the Beholder, etc etc etc

*sigh*

sadly my C64 and A500 drowned in the flood-catastrophy last year *sob*.. now i have a bunch of ooold games that i will never be able to play again.. yea i know.. there are those emulators.. but thats just not the same

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 18
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
08/18/2003 6:17 am
Oh man I was a wee little lad when we had our C64!

Nothing like a computer that hooks up to a TV! I used to play some weird Crime Solver game on it. It came with like cassette tapes that you listened to for clues, like it was interrogation tapes. It was crazy.

I was only about 6 or 7 years old.
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.