New Equip

RAC5150
RAC5150
11/26/2000 6:46 pm
Greetings all! Got an open question for all of you. Allright... I've been playing for about 4 years. I started out with a Peavey Predator, a standard starting guitar. The next guitar I bought was an Ibanez RG320DX. I absolutely love this guitar and wouldn't trade it for anything. I just recently bought a Fender 12 String. Now here's my question. I'm looking at a few things to buy next. First is a talkbox system. All of you know what a talkbox is (I hope), so that's one option. The other is a DOD effects pedal. Uhh... I think the model number is GS30 or somethin like that. I don't have a mic amp and would have to buy an amp, a mic, and a mic stand to go along with the talkbox. Please give me some advice on which to buy. My band is just getting on our feet, and I would like to have a lot of effects at my disposal, but... I also love the sound of a talkbox. So there's my dillema. Thanks for listening to me jabber.
"Our attitude was, Let's not be lazy about it. Let's have something new to offer."
- Kirk Hammett, Guitar World September 2000.
# 1
mrderek
mrderek
12/05/2000 11:14 pm
there is a talkbox that i remember from a musicians friend catalog that features a plastic tube you keep in your mouth instead of a mic. I think its called the heli talk box or something the guy from aerosmith used one
# 2
BadHorsie
BadHorsie
12/06/2000 3:36 am
First off, an effects processor is going to give you a lot more options than a talk box. Unless, of course, you want every one of your songs to sound like a Peter Frampton concert. Get an effects processor first, but not anything made by Zoom, DOD, or any other crap companies because their effects are horrible. And don't let a sales person say something like, "This DOD processor is better than the older models though,". Because DOD has been putting the same effects chip in every processor for years. So do a lot of other companies, though. Go with Roland, Boss, or Korg and you'll never be let down.

Here's a helpful tip for future sales experiences:
-DOD is the same company as Zoom
-Boss, Roland, and Korg are all the same companies also
-The best twelve strings are made by Ibanez
-Steve Vai uses Ibanez
-Steve Vai is God, when I pray at night I pray to Steve... that's about all you need to know.
Ain't nothin' but a Gear thang, baby!
# 3
RAC5150
RAC5150
12/14/2000 6:27 pm
Well, thanks ladies and gentlemen for your replies. I really apprieciate all of your advice, and I went out and bought the Boss GT8 Effects Processer. I love all of the effects that I get with it. But... I can't seem to find a studio phaser effect. I would love to be able to play the full song of "No Leaf Clover" with my cover band. If you have any answers to the phaser question, please tell me.
"Our attitude was, Let's not be lazy about it. Let's have something new to offer."
- Kirk Hammett, Guitar World September 2000.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.