View post (New Equip)

View thread

RAC5150
RAC5150
11/26/2000 6:46 pm
Greetings all! Got an open question for all of you. Allright... I've been playing for about 4 years. I started out with a Peavey Predator, a standard starting guitar. The next guitar I bought was an Ibanez RG320DX. I absolutely love this guitar and wouldn't trade it for anything. I just recently bought a Fender 12 String. Now here's my question. I'm looking at a few things to buy next. First is a talkbox system. All of you know what a talkbox is (I hope), so that's one option. The other is a DOD effects pedal. Uhh... I think the model number is GS30 or somethin like that. I don't have a mic amp and would have to buy an amp, a mic, and a mic stand to go along with the talkbox. Please give me some advice on which to buy. My band is just getting on our feet, and I would like to have a lot of effects at my disposal, but... I also love the sound of a talkbox. So there's my dillema. Thanks for listening to me jabber.
"Our attitude was, Let's not be lazy about it. Let's have something new to offer."
- Kirk Hammett, Guitar World September 2000.