Pop song

faviogalaxy
faviogalaxy
08/25/2020 5:45 pm

I want to make a pop song, any sugetions?

Thanks

Favio

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
08/25/2020 8:48 pm

Spend a lot of money on computer equipment and get it to write you a pop song. Unfortunatly it probably will not have any guitar parts. That is what computers are for.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
08/26/2020 6:33 am
Originally Posted by: faviogalaxy

I want to make a pop song, any sugetions?

Thanks

Favio

Hey Favio --

This is a very broad question! And also a question that is hard to answer, because if we all really knew how to write great pop songs we'd be rich and famous (or not).

"Pop" is a very big container for music that really just means "Popular." From decade to decade and even from year to year, it changes a lot.

The best thing I can recommend is to analyze the music of songwriters you like, study them, learn how they do what they do. You'll start finding patterns that exist in most music. You'll develop a bag of tricks. Then you can turn around and apply that bag of tricks to simple ideas, to make them into something that hopefully you and others will enjoy.

If you can narrow down the question to some specifics, then I'm sure I (and others) would be happy to help!

Recording? Chord progressions? Lyrics? Structure? Hooks?

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 3
faviogalaxy
faviogalaxy
08/29/2020 11:26 pm

Well I'll be more speciific

thanks by the way

I have a guitar well just to be sure haha. I have a 4 chord and lyric song but I want to make it more colorfull and also make another song so here I'll be taking suggestions. I like the theme quarantine player and also I have done it a Little.

Today I just come back to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3wKzyIN1yk and I think is pretty. I was reading old answers and I see you there Carl nice to see you by the way and what I'm thinking is perhaps the version with no corous of the song above.

Well continuing with the equippment I have a condenser micro but no audio interface and also my computer died I was practicing with Ableton now is gone

any Ideas guys gals?

# 4
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/30/2020 12:03 am

Hi Favio

When I am trying to write a song and feel I am stuck, I reach out to someone with what I have. I have written a few by myself, but sometimes I get stuck.

You have 4 chords and lyrics but you want to add color. So it appears you are stuck as I am sometimes. Do you have anyone you can reach out to and have them listen to what you have? If you don’t have those people now, you can develop those relationships.

In 1 of my songs, Dave Celentano, one of the instructors here, came up with the bridge for me. And I have another talented person helping me with something I am working on now that frankly steals from Magic Sam. The song is 90% - but 90% isn’t 100, so unless Scott can come up with something, it will go to the bin.

But I have to be willing to give those I want to help, something to hear.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.