Newbie!

porkchop01
Chris
porkchop01
Chris
05/16/2016 3:11 am
Hi everyone! I am new to guitar. I had one as a kid in junior high and would think i was jamming out to the Metallica black label (boy I was bad lol). Any-who, I always had a problem with learning chords and reading music. I think I was more interested in the image of playing a guitar (chicks around there ate it up like candy when other guys played) vs learning and learning to read the music.

Fast forward 20 yrs! I still like the guitar. I love the acoustic. I decided that I did not want the vision of playing a guitar to fade. I am all about rock and country. I think I am more capable of applying myself for the right reasons now. I bought an Alvarez sunburst, capo, strap, picks, etc. I find that reading the music is not to bad and playing gives me a feeling of freedom and individuality. I absolutely regret not learning this sooner.

I had not heard of many guitar sites online and I ended up choosing this site a few weeks ago due to reviews and recommendations. I could not be more pleased. I was glad to see that I was not thrown to the wolves and that the lessons have a pecking order. I am a person that needs some type of organization and some type of order. I have been very pleased and I look forward to interacting with members and developing lifetime skills!
# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
05/16/2016 4:51 pm
Welcome to Guitar Tricks!

We are happy to have you join our Guitar Tricks family! It's good to hear that you are continuing to play guitar. Motivation and persistence are very important!

It's great to hear that you are enjoying our lessons. Are you doing our Guitar Fundamentals 1 course? Keep us posted on your progress!
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
miller134
miller134
05/17/2016 9:34 pm
Welcome -

It's always good when someone decides to play music - glad you're here. Keep us posted on your progress.

Nathan
# 3
porkchop01
Chris
porkchop01
Chris
07/15/2016 2:49 am

Hi everyone!

Yes, I almost finished with fundamentals 1 and just started on fundamentals 2. I really wanted to understand music, chords, reading music, etc., before I just learn how to play songs without understanding the foundations. I am loving it so far! Thank you for your support and the warm comments!
# 4
umgray
umgray
07/20/2016 2:33 pm

Hey, I am at about 35% (never played an instrument before) and really enjoy it, just at single string melody and was like Oh Oh now I really have to play faster...but I know with practice it will get better and better.

How did it feel to finish GF level 1?
Does Lisa change her shirt and necklace before it ends? ZZSmilieZZ

I practice everyday (15 to 20 minutes a day) how ling was it before you changed strings?

What guitar do you have (its interesting hearig from people as they compare types and brands of guitars)

Michael
# 5
porkchop01
Chris
porkchop01
Chris
08/02/2016 2:59 am

Yes she changed lol. I have an alvarez sunburst, fender am nat acoustic, fender squire electric, pacifica 412 electric, and 72 texan 12 string. I bought all of these at the local guitar shop within last few months. They had deals on all of em, half off internet prices. not that i needed them but i liked them and they all have their own tone. I changed strings bout every 4 mths. i love the d'addario strings. However, thats all i have used so no comparison yet.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.