View post (Newbie!)

View thread

porkchop01
Chris
porkchop01
Chris
05/16/2016 3:11 am
Hi everyone! I am new to guitar. I had one as a kid in junior high and would think i was jamming out to the Metallica black label (boy I was bad lol). Any-who, I always had a problem with learning chords and reading music. I think I was more interested in the image of playing a guitar (chicks around there ate it up like candy when other guys played) vs learning and learning to read the music.

Fast forward 20 yrs! I still like the guitar. I love the acoustic. I decided that I did not want the vision of playing a guitar to fade. I am all about rock and country. I think I am more capable of applying myself for the right reasons now. I bought an Alvarez sunburst, capo, strap, picks, etc. I find that reading the music is not to bad and playing gives me a feeling of freedom and individuality. I absolutely regret not learning this sooner.

I had not heard of many guitar sites online and I ended up choosing this site a few weeks ago due to reviews and recommendations. I could not be more pleased. I was glad to see that I was not thrown to the wolves and that the lessons have a pecking order. I am a person that needs some type of organization and some type of order. I have been very pleased and I look forward to interacting with members and developing lifetime skills!