BUCKETHEAD!!!

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/10/2002 8:21 am
I´ve heard that he´s faster than speed of light and yet got feeling like Slash. I think he´s now in Guns N´ Roses but I know that he´s got some solo albums. By the way he plays flyng V guitars and looks reall strange (like Marlyn Manson) but how does he sounds? I´ve heard that he´s AMAZING.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
top hatted
top hatted
05/10/2002 5:21 pm
Buckethead has some great stuff but nobody sounds like Slash...

# 2
Slasher
Slasher
05/10/2002 9:34 pm
I can't see Bucket, being in Guns N Roses, somebody other than Slash playin Sweet Child o Mine or any Guns songs just doesn't seem right to me. I think that the guys should bury the hatched n get on with the real band. But Axl being the **** that he is, that'll never happen. But on the good side, Slash, Izzy n Duff are still workin together on Izzy's new album, so that should be worth a listen. I don't really know much about Bucket, but from what I can tell is that he's a bastard, I read a review last year, n he just totally ripped Slash to pieces! So I'll not be signin up for the fan club.
Question: Chinese Democrasy has been recorded for about 2 years now, so why hasnt it been released?
Answer: Coz its ****!!!!!!!
Remember, the chickens that fly will always beat the rubber plants that bounce!
# 3
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/11/2002 3:41 pm
I´ve heard that Buckethead was sick and that it was sirious. That´s maby the reason why new Guns album isn´t done yet but I´m not sure. I agree with you all, no matter how good Bucket play he will never beat Slash´s look´s and feeling. I just want an old Guns N´ Roses (with Steven Adler of course) but I know that Axl is pain in the ass and that´s probaly impossible just because of him.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 4
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
05/11/2002 11:12 pm
What Ive heard is that the album is finished, or very close to it.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 5
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/12/2002 9:52 am
Buckethead is a former Paul GILBERT's student, and he is known because he sent a tape of himself playing to 'guitar mag' He had the same looks as he does now, a KFC bucket on his head, and a white mask.
His music sounds like a blend of heavy metal, Kid's tunes, and techno. He is amazingly fast, (he must be close to Shawn lane, except the latter doesn't tap). He uses a lot of chromatics, diminished, and dodecaphonism, so that at high speed, people have compared his sound to 'a supercomputer calculating' and that's quite close :D

What's cool about the guy is that he has created such a character around his persona that he gets media coverage. Otherwise, he would be just another shredder. But he says that he was raised by chicken, that he wants to be buried half in Disneyworld, half in disneyland, he doesn't talk, and he does write good music. He has worked with Primus, Bill LASSWELL, Guns and Roses, and I've heard unofficial jams with likes of Petrucci and such...
# 6
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
05/12/2002 10:52 pm
Originally posted by lalimacefolle
But he says that he was raised by chicken, that he wants to be buried half in Disneyworld, half in disneyland, he doesn't talk, and he does write good music.

If he doesnt talk, how did he say all that?
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 7
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/13/2002 4:51 am
he just writes it down...
# 8
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/13/2002 6:30 am
Man, this guy got to be sick. Both in looks and guitar play. I saw some pics of him and he looks like a nightmare. I also hear about two minutes of his song One and it was very good. Not fast at all (only riffs) and I´m sad that no solo was included. Is he faster than Yngwie and his former teacher P. Gilbert?
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 9
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/13/2002 3:29 pm
what's crazy about him is the regularity he has in his licks, he is way faster than Yngwie, and GILBERT has much more 'feel' in his playing (it sounds like a guitar)
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/13/2002 4:08 pm
Originally posted by aiwass
He sounds alot like shawn lane and marcus paus, in that his lines are extremely fast and complicated. However, he uses alot of tapping and stuff to speed everything up. To be frank, Joe Satriani's "Ice 9" sounds like buckethead. At least the fast parts. He uses a lot of diminished stuff, which makes his music sound like horror movie efects...

When I saw him open for Primus, he hardly tapped at all. All of that really really fast stuff was done with no tapping. The only time he used any tapping was to play a really out of reach note.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/14/2002 4:35 pm
Well, Ok, I have not heard a sh*it from him but if he´s faster than Malmsteen and Gilbert and especially WAY FASTER than he got to be fastest human (is he rally human our is he a calculating computer) on this planet!, I mean universe.

I can´t wait to get some stuff by Bucket. I have already found some tabs on the net.

Man, he got to be best player in the world. (Note that i didn´t only mean fastest but best allround guitar player).

I mean, ususal when a guitarplayer have amazing feel, he´s usualy slow and those ones who are fast are usualy missing feeling but this guy, it seems that he got it all.

Am I right, is he that good as I think he is. Let me know.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 12
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/14/2002 4:48 pm
yeah, he's almost as good as me!
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/14/2002 11:02 pm
Originally posted by Dejan Sajinovic
Well, Ok, I have not heard a sh*it from him but if he´s faster than Malmsteen and Gilbert and especially WAY FASTER than he got to be fastest human (is he rally human our is he a calculating computer) on this planet!, I mean universe.

I can´t wait to get some stuff by Bucket. I have already found some tabs on the net.

Man, he got to be best player in the world. (Note that i didn´t only mean fastest but best allround guitar player).

I mean, ususal when a guitarplayer have amazing feel, he´s usualy slow and those ones who are fast are usualy missing feeling but this guy, it seems that he got it all.

Am I right, is he that good as I think he is. Let me know.

Buckethead is well worth listening to. Well, I think so anyway. He's not the most emotional, but some songs like Nun Chaka Kata on Monsters and Robots demonstrate that he can be, and while playing some pretty damn fast stuff. His newer stuff gets weirder and weirder. I reccomend Monsters and Robots and Giant Robot as good places to start.

Best of all, he holds up live, and I have the stained underwear to prove it.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/14/2002 11:16 pm
The first album I bought was Colma, and I was totally disappointed, it's new age music. No shred, so buy it once you know his music...
# 15
lalimacefolle
lalimacefolle
05/14/2002 11:29 pm
http://www.bucketheadland.com/museum/audio/lobotomy.mp3

Here's something I've found on his site. What sounds like speeded up guitar... well...isn't speeded up...
# 16
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
05/15/2002 8:06 am
I also read those stuff he wrote, raised by a chicken and so on. Also funny thing I read was that he usualy watches Texas Chain Saw Masacre while playng guitar. He turns of the sound of the movie and than playng to it lik he´s making a soundtrack of the movie our somting. Meanwhile, he has a tape recorder wich is taping wvrything he plays to the movie. Sick ha. Yea, this guy seems to be sick.

PS. There were some exercises by him on his page http://www.bucketheadland.com They seemd really strange.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 17
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
05/23/2002 11:27 am
He's what me and my pals can "fast as", that being an abbreviation for "fast as f~ck".

He is in Guns n Roses, played in Las Vegas with them and the Amazing rock n Rio 3. I think he's playing with guns in Leed and Japan in the next few months.
He is unbelievably fast but i dont think he's nesseccarily faster than slash. One of my favourite slash solo was the one for nightrain he performed live, it stood out a mile because it was way faster and longer than the album version, is awesome. So wot does Buckethead do with guns n roses? As far as i can see, he changed Nightrain too, and went over the top with the speed. Im sure it was to annoy slash, it was the only solo he really altered that dramatically, what resulted was what i call the type writer affect.

Bucketheads a good guitarist but his speed is overdone. Listen to the Slash paradise city solo, where it speeds up and slows down, the fastest parts of that are equal to bucketheads speed, but at least slash uses his speed more affectively, rather than overdoing it and basically showing off!!
# 18
top hatted
top hatted
05/23/2002 4:08 pm
I love Slash playing, but he's slow and sloppy. BUckethead is three times faster. Novermber rain last solo in rock in rio was so cool!
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.