Hello from SA

Lordus1
Lordus1
01/06/2013 1:47 pm
Hi all fellow guitarists!!

I finally picked up the guitar again after a very very long time, also thanks to this site for some very much needed inspiration. Heres the short version of my story:

Started playing age 13, joined couple of bands playing only originals, never bothering much with covers. Lost my left index finger in a motorcycle accident around '95.... Carried on playing somewhat restricted as you can imagine. After relocating a few times I basically stopped playing alltogether, only picking up the guitar now and then just to play same old stuff and mostly geting frustrated!!

Anyway, getting back into it. Considering playing in a 2 man band sort of thing around town and learn some new tunes. So, any ideas welcome for a 3 fingered rocker...!?

Cheers
# 1
Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
01/07/2013 7:37 pm
Thanks for the story. Lots of guitarists don't use their pinky, so 3 fingers can get the job done.

In the Core Learning System Blues Courses Anders teaches a lot of partial chord shapes. These might come in handy as substitutes for barre chords.

Patience, I am sure will be a virtue here.

Have fun :)
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Lordus1
Lordus1
01/08/2013 1:51 pm
Thanks Jon, I'll check it out!!
# 3
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
Neal Walter
GuitarTricks Channel Host
01/11/2013 8:04 am
Hi,

Barre chords on the E string would be hard to do but there are plenty of other chords that would work for you, starting with power chords. I think a two man band is an awesome way to start!
[FONT=Book Antiqua][FONT=Arial][FONT=Tahoma]Neal
GT Channel Host[/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.guitartricks.com/channel/
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.