Considering Joining full as beginner rock/metal. Please help

Bubbanoosh
Bubbanoosh
05/03/2012 12:57 pm
Hey,

I'm 42 and I've been playing drums for 32 years, I haven't played in a band for over 10 years and I tried picking up Guitar a few times when I was younger. However each time I began, I decided that my time would be better spent improving my drumming instead.

I always envied Drummer friends that could play guitar.
So here I am, I think it's now or never.

I want to learn Rock/Metal, I'm an amazing air guitarist ;) but I want to try the real thing. I'm a guitarist in a drummers body :)

So if I paid for a membership, is there a good starting point for me to go straight to learning rock stuff from the absolute beginning?
# 1
JJ90
JJ90
05/03/2012 3:35 pm
Hi Bubbanoosh

Guitartricks has exactly what you are looking for I think. They have the Core Learning System. Those are a large series of structured connected video lessons which will take you from the absolute beginning to a pretty decent player. First you have Guitar Fundamentals 1 en 2 focusing on fundaments for playing guitar required for everyone to know regardless of the genre.

Next you can move on to one of the style series. Guitartricks has a Blues, Country and, the one you are looking for, a Rock course. Covers loads of ground and has both a level 1 and 2 course. Level 1 meaning it covers the basics of rock guitar and level 2 is a bit more advanced.

If you want you can always take a 14-day free full access trial. You can find it here: http://www.guitartricks.com/trial

Two things I should notice, you need your Paypal account or CreditCard to activate the trial. I think the site uses it against people who create new accounts over again to use the 14-day trial.

The 14-day trial is free but after the 14 days it will become a regular subscribing payment ($14.95), unless you cancel it ofcourse.

Also want to mention a year of full access at Guitartricks currently is only 99 bucks. If you wanna catch one hell of a deal you can go with that also.

Hope that helps.

JJ
# 2
haghj500
haghj500
05/04/2012 5:07 am
You've been in the music world long enough to know depending on how many hours a day you have to invest, it takes at least 6 months to get good enough for others to enjoy listening to you play. So you may as well sign on for a year if you really want to learn to play. $99.00 really is not bad with everyting they have on this sight. In my opion it's dirt cheep with all the songs offered once you get good enough to learn them

They also offer a nice insentive to keep going.
# 3
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
Guillermostaggs
Great Shadow
05/04/2012 10:36 am
Originally Posted by: BubbanooshHey,

I'm 42 and I've been playing drums for 32 years, I haven't played in a band for over 10 years and I tried picking up Guitar a few times when I was younger. However each time I began, I decided that my time would be better spent improving my drumming instead.

I always envied Drummer friends that could play guitar.
So here I am, I think it's now or never.

I want to learn Rock/Metal, I'm an amazing air guitarist ;) but I want to try the real thing. I'm a guitarist in a drummers body :)

So if I paid for a membership, is there a good starting point for me to go straight to learning rock stuff from the absolute beginning?

They have great stuff rock 1&2 course fundementals is where you should start of if you dont know much about the guitar reading tabs etc.
Dont stop keep going-frank zappa Find what your good at and exaggerate it-steve vai
# 4
Bubbanoosh
Bubbanoosh
05/10/2012 3:10 pm
Hey thanks for your responses they were much appreciated :)
So I signed up for the $99, and I've just received my new guitar today.
Got an Ibanez Gio and a 15 Watt Peavy amp (Boss MT2 distortion on its way)

I did figure the $99 was a pretty damn cheap way to learn, and I am very keen so I am going to practice my heart out.

Thanks again :)

Errol
# 5
JJ90
JJ90
05/10/2012 7:17 pm
Hi Bubbanooh,

Great to hear. If you have any questions or get stuck you can just use the forum again. Also the deal still comes with a 60-day money back guarantee. So if you decide you still don't like it after a fews weeks you can get your money back. But you'll probably love it here!

So welcome aboard and we hope you have a blast learning here!

JJ
# 6
compart1
compart1
05/10/2012 8:12 pm
Hi Errol
Welcome to GT..
Which GIO model did you get.. They all look pretty hot...
Gordon
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.