Is it just me or...

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/26/2002 11:14 am
Is that crap music we were listening to for the last year or so on its way out?? I mean i havent heard those bands like blink 182, korn or limp been mention for ages. Whats going on?!?!?!
Damn!! sum 41 still exist!! They we on TV, playing this crappy song will 2 chords, the didnt play live!!
Imagine become famous and playing a gig but miming!! Thats poor...

Later Ax
# 1

03/26/2002 5:12 pm

They sell albums which means that they are a response to a need in our lives. Maybe not yours or mine, but in someone elses.

I don't think we can call a band that sells tens of thousands of albums crap. Everybody plays a role in the music industry. A lot of bands I used to love are now instinct. Are they gone because they played crappy music, I don't think so.

Will we hear from sum 41 in ten years, I'm not sure but I hope we do for them. It must be great even if they play only 2 chords songs.

I don't mean no disrespect, you have a right to think that way but that's what I think.

# 2
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
03/26/2002 9:51 pm
very good post benoit!

even if it's not what we like, they deserve some credit just for being musicians...

korn is making another cd right now, to be released soon. limp bizkit released their 'new old songs' or whatever that was called cd a while back, they are trying to find a new guitarist right now. i don't know about blink 182.

-Daniel
# 3
James8831
James8831
03/27/2002 9:48 am
Benoit and Daniel, i'm torn two ways on this, part of me thinks "At least they try to play their guitars" - good luck to 'em - another part of me agrees with Axl.

And yet another part of me is saying unless-we can change the whole music industry to the point where they aren't looking at the STYLE of "rock/nurock/newcountry/nuwhatever" bands - ie,bands who aren't supposed to be candy assed pretty boy bands,but who are supposed to make their own music and get them to look at the SUBSTANCE of their material,then we'll get this situation ad infinitum.

In the end, nobody puts a gun to your head and makes you listen to MUZAK [my term for "dead/awful or dead awful" music]

[-except those wafflebrained rectum reamers who play it in lifts and shops]
Accuracy,you say? hmm interesting concept..
# 4
Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/28/2002 11:59 am
God damn all you self righteous people!! Its easy to say "everyones entitled to.." and "it might sound crappy to you but.." and bla bla bla!! But its a joke when the singles and albums charts in the UK dont reflect peoples general musical tastes!! I mean it only takes 40,000 copies of a single to get to no.1 in the UK ( i think, its something low like that) so its a joke when 7 year old girls and older womens musical tastes are reflected (ie. with the talentless group 'westlife') not to say their musical tastes dont count, but when you consider that the die hard music fans out there are listening and still buying albums like Appetite for Destruction (sells 20,000 a week, i think!) and people are madly collecting classic rock vinyls (me and my pals are!) and its the parents of these naive kids who buy sum 41 that are litening to those classic childhood songs like 'Brown sugar". It just really gets me annoyed when Guns n' Roses are labelled 'old' when theyre in their thirties, and Aerosmith are considered 'Sell outs' just because they dont act in that childish rebellish way, which was mainly driven by drugs, those bands are genuine and even though they my share the same stories of excess and repeat the cliche phrase "the wonder years!! i wonder where they went!!"
I dont know hwat aim trying to say, but basically i find it offensive when kids wear an "offspring" or "Papa Roach" T-Shirt, it, on some level, is another form of minipulation!
# 5

03/28/2002 5:24 pm

I fell a lot of anger in your post AXL

I see myself in your words. I too felt that way when I was into Metallica and saw all the others listening the The Cure and bands like that.

Then Metallica put there Black album on the market and I started to feel angry about them and said they were sell-outs.

I realized a couple of years after that everything had a place I that I could not change it. Metallica needed a change in their style of music, I had to live with it.

I let that anger out and that was the end of it. Live and let live...

I get your point but don't let anger take over, you seem the cary a load of unecessary anger. Learn to accept things you can't change and work on those you can. Wow, am I turning into a monk or something :)

Take care man
# 6
friskynibbles
friskynibbles
03/28/2002 5:53 pm
and in any case, the charts aren't meant to reflect YOUR opinion, they reflect album sales. so if the backdoor bitches' new cd is selling a zillion, then it belongs at the top of the charts. there's groups i don't like, but that doesn't mean they aren't artists... and obviously somebody wants to hear them.
-Daniel
# 7
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
03/29/2002 12:43 am
Actually Axl, the other Axl just hit 40, Duff is older again. The rest are still in their 30's I think.

I agree in general with what you say, especially about the Papa Roach T-Shirts. If they bring out Andrew W.K. t-shirts, that would be crossing the line though.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 8
jack7
jack7
03/29/2002 2:10 am
Originally posted by Led Zeppelin
Actually Axl, the other Axl just hit 40, Duff is older again. The rest are still in their 30's I think.

I agree in general with what you say, especially about the Papa Roach T-Shirts. If they bring out Andrew W.K. t-shirts, that would be crossing the line though.

By the way, who in the hell is this Andrew W.K. Party Hard?
Sounds like another one for worst band thread. I would like
to bloody the record companys mouth for forcing this crap
on all of us.:mad:
Rock-n-Roll 4 Ever
:cool: Jack 7
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.