View post (Is it just me or...)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
03/28/2002 11:59 am
God damn all you self righteous people!! Its easy to say "everyones entitled to.." and "it might sound crappy to you but.." and bla bla bla!! But its a joke when the singles and albums charts in the UK dont reflect peoples general musical tastes!! I mean it only takes 40,000 copies of a single to get to no.1 in the UK ( i think, its something low like that) so its a joke when 7 year old girls and older womens musical tastes are reflected (ie. with the talentless group 'westlife') not to say their musical tastes dont count, but when you consider that the die hard music fans out there are listening and still buying albums like Appetite for Destruction (sells 20,000 a week, i think!) and people are madly collecting classic rock vinyls (me and my pals are!) and its the parents of these naive kids who buy sum 41 that are litening to those classic childhood songs like 'Brown sugar". It just really gets me annoyed when Guns n' Roses are labelled 'old' when theyre in their thirties, and Aerosmith are considered 'Sell outs' just because they dont act in that childish rebellish way, which was mainly driven by drugs, those bands are genuine and even though they my share the same stories of excess and repeat the cliche phrase "the wonder years!! i wonder where they went!!"
I dont know hwat aim trying to say, but basically i find it offensive when kids wear an "offspring" or "Papa Roach" T-Shirt, it, on some level, is another form of minipulation!