Hello! My first strum here...

shredhead_x
shredhead_x
04/02/2010 3:49 pm
Hello one and all! I'm a n00b here, so be gentle. I'm Ben, and I've been playing guitar for just under 20 years. I thought it was about time to take part in the guuitar community and see what I can learn and what I can share after so long. The site looks really useful, and this forum looks pretty good too!

Me? I shred therefore I am, but I'm into all kinds of guitar based music, and am particularly envious of anyone who can fingerpick, as I suck at that. Big time.

Pleased to meet you all,

Ben
I'll see the light tonight... flashing through the sky...

===

Learn to Play Guitar eBook - Free Download at http://www.guitarmusiclessons.org/
# 1
compart1
compart1
04/03/2010 2:44 am
welcome to GT shredhead..
I think you'll find all the help you need here..
Good luck and keep on shredding..
Gordon
# 2
SlickString
Full Access
SlickString
Full Access
04/03/2010 4:43 pm
Pleased to meet you too Ben. I can fingerpick a bit but I hope to shred one day, for now I just dream :D
[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Youtube Channel - Jim47ww[/FONT]
# 3
shredhead_x
shredhead_x
04/13/2010 12:36 am
Originally Posted by: compart1welcome to GT shredhead..
I think you'll find all the help you need here..
Good luck and keep on shredding..
Gordon

Thanks :) It's proving to be really nice reading all of the different opinions and hearing from people of varying levels of experience. Just keeps making me appreciate these instruments all the more ;)

===

Learn to Play Guitar eBook - Free Download at http://www.guitarmusiclessons.org/
# 4
shredhead_x
shredhead_x
04/13/2010 12:37 am
Originally Posted by: SlickStringPleased to meet you too Ben. I can fingerpick a bit but I hope to shred one day, for now I just dream :D

Hi! Happy to trade tips ;) I'd love to be able to fingerpick better. As it stands, I fingerpick like someone fumbling for change in a pocket!

===

# 5
Lilbiker
Strung Out
Lilbiker
Strung Out
04/13/2010 4:48 pm
Welcome Shredhead. I can't shred and since I am missing the thumb, or most of, on my left hand, I lean towards fingerpicking since I don't do many chords well, but fingerpicking and a lot of blues relies on mostly notes or powerchords and I avoid Barre chords like the plague.

I really just started playing so I look forward to reading what you have to say. This is a great community with great instructors.

Jaime
# 6
shredhead_x
shredhead_x
04/14/2010 11:12 pm
Originally Posted by: LilbikerWelcome Shredhead. I can't shred and since I am missing the thumb, or most of, on my left hand, I lean towards fingerpicking since I don't do many chords well, but fingerpicking and a lot of blues relies on mostly notes or powerchords and I avoid Barre chords like the plague.

I really just started playing so I look forward to reading what you have to say. This is a great community with great instructors.

Jaime

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I hope I can offer some tips as well as enjoying the forum. I had a go at fingerpicking some stuff again today and remembered the frustration I had as a new player as a kid- trying to will my right hand to do as it was told brought back all those memories! I seemed to do okay just picking a bass note with my thumb and higher strings with my other fingers as one, but individual fingerpicking is something I don't think I'll ever get the hang of, which is a shame as I love the sound it makes.

I'm really enjoying reading the forum, and am trying to think of helpful stuff to post :) Hope your playing progresses quickly for you!

===

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.