View post (Hello! My first strum here...)

View thread

shredhead_x
shredhead_x
04/14/2010 11:12 pm
Originally Posted by: LilbikerWelcome Shredhead. I can't shred and since I am missing the thumb, or most of, on my left hand, I lean towards fingerpicking since I don't do many chords well, but fingerpicking and a lot of blues relies on mostly notes or powerchords and I avoid Barre chords like the plague.

I really just started playing so I look forward to reading what you have to say. This is a great community with great instructors.

Jaime

Thanks for the warm welcome :) I hope I can offer some tips as well as enjoying the forum. I had a go at fingerpicking some stuff again today and remembered the frustration I had as a new player as a kid- trying to will my right hand to do as it was told brought back all those memories! I seemed to do okay just picking a bass note with my thumb and higher strings with my other fingers as one, but individual fingerpicking is something I don't think I'll ever get the hang of, which is a shame as I love the sound it makes.

I'm really enjoying reading the forum, and am trying to think of helpful stuff to post :) Hope your playing progresses quickly for you!
I'll see the light tonight... flashing through the sky...

===

Learn to Play Guitar eBook - Free Download at http://www.guitarmusiclessons.org/