Guitar Tricks Backing Tracks (Jam)

DrusMuzik
DrusMuzik
05/23/2008 1:07 am
Does anyone know if the backing tracks in the "jam" section can be downloaded or converted to MP3's? I'd like to transfer a select few of them to my recorder and record my lead to them to create some private songs (not for publication).
Anyone who can help, let me know.
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
05/24/2008 9:38 pm
Originally Posted by: DrusMuzikDoes anyone know if the backing tracks in the "jam" section can be downloaded or converted to MP3's? I'd like to transfer a select few of them to my recorder and record my lead to them to create some private songs (not for publication).

I'm not sure if they can be, but if you have any backing tracks in particular in mind, you could go ahead and email the person credited with creating the loop. They might be willing to let you have it (I really doubt the creators of those loops much care what they're used for).
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/25/2008 8:40 pm
Originally Posted by: DrusMuzikDoes anyone know if the backing tracks in the "jam" section can be downloaded or converted to MP3's?

Those tracks are all .swf format (a type of audio flash file). To my knowledge they are not available for download. You might be able to "capture" them in real time using an audio recorder on your computer.

Jolly offered the best possible solution: email the creator and ask for it. All of them were originally created and rendered in .wav or .mp3 format to begin with before they were converted to flash for the jam station.

I still have all the original files I used for mine. I also try to offer the file as a downloadable MP3 on the lesson page as well as put them in the jam station. In fact, I have far more MP3 audio backing tracks available on lesson pages than I've converted for the jam station.

Let me know if you need more help. :)
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
DrusMuzik
DrusMuzik
05/26/2008 3:22 pm
Thanks to both of you. I will try to contact the creators; and a special thanks to you Chris...I have used many of your lessons, and will now keep and eye out now for the downloadable files.
Thanks again.
# 4
DrusMuzik
DrusMuzik
05/26/2008 3:31 pm
Just in case, special thanks to "Christopher". Dont' mean to offend if you go by this rather than Chris.
# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/26/2008 4:10 pm
Originally Posted by: DrusMuzik... thanks to you Chris...I have used many of your lessons, and will now keep and eye out now for the downloadable files.

You are quite welcome. GT subscribers are welcome to any and all of my GT lesson backing tracks. Yours for the asking in MP3 format. :)

BTW - Christopher or Chris, either is fine. No worries.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/02/2008 6:34 pm
Originally Posted by: DrusMuzikDoes anyone know if the backing tracks in the "jam" section can be downloaded or converted to MP3's? I'd like to transfer a select few of them to my recorder and record my lead to them to create some private songs (not for publication).

Google "Audacity", it's free. I just discovered yesterday that I can capture any audio on my pc. The audio is in .wav format. You can either search for an mp3 plug-in or use something like MusicMatch to convert the .wav to mp3.

I captured a backing track and created a 5 minute loop. Burned it to cd, and now I can jam along in my living room where my stereo system is. It's a really cool open-source program.

Oh, you can record your leads over the BT only if you have the proper line-in to plug your guitar into your computer. I have a SoundBlaster Audigy card with a front panel that allows me to plug my guitar straight in. There's a thread somewhere else here if you don't have 1/4" jack to plug into. Like a Pod or something like that.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.