View post (Guitar Tricks Backing Tracks (Jam))

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
06/02/2008 6:34 pm
Originally Posted by: DrusMuzikDoes anyone know if the backing tracks in the "jam" section can be downloaded or converted to MP3's? I'd like to transfer a select few of them to my recorder and record my lead to them to create some private songs (not for publication).
Anyone who can help, let me know.

Google "Audacity", it's free. I just discovered yesterday that I can capture any audio on my pc. The audio is in .wav format. You can either search for an mp3 plug-in or use something like MusicMatch to convert the .wav to mp3.

I captured a backing track and created a 5 minute loop. Burned it to cd, and now I can jam along in my living room where my stereo system is. It's a really cool open-source program.

Oh, you can record your leads over the BT only if you have the proper line-in to plug your guitar into your computer. I have a SoundBlaster Audigy card with a front panel that allows me to plug my guitar straight in. There's a thread somewhere else here if you don't have 1/4" jack to plug into. Like a Pod or something like that.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)