Is this Guitar any good?

Mark1237
Mark1237
05/20/2008 4:57 am
Yeah, my friend first showed me this guitar a while ago (a Minarik Inferno), and when I first saw it I was like "Whoa, I must have it..". I read some info on them, and they claimed "the most scientifically advanced guitar in the world", but you know how they "fluff" everything up, I asked another friend, he said it was heavy, I went to youtube, some said "the most awesome guitar" others said "this guitar sucks the Les Paul's balls", I don't know what to believe anymore, so I am calling on your guys' expertise (yes, you genius...) to help me have an opinion..... please? :)
# 1
nathanael hale
nathanael hale
05/20/2008 5:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Mark1237Yeah, my friend first showed me this guitar a while ago (a Minarik Inferno), and when I first saw it I was like "Whoa, I must have it..". I read some info on them, and they claimed "the most scientifically advanced guitar in the world", but you know how they "fluff" everything up, I asked another friend, he said it was heavy, I went to youtube, some said "the most awesome guitar" others said "this guitar sucks the Les Paul's balls", I don't know what to believe anymore, so I am calling on your guys' expertise (yes, you genius...) to help me have an opinion..... please? :)

The only way to know is to try and see for yourself.It's all a matter of feel and personal preference when trying an axe.So what one guy says may not have any validity compared to what another says.
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
05/20/2008 9:17 pm
Scientifically advanced worries me when talking about guitars. It usually involves someone trying to reinvent the wheel, when it comes to guitars it pretty easy, you got your basics shapes and playing styles and you got your different neck types. After that the only difference a beginner would notice is the tone from the pickups (through high gain settings). The whole wood types thing is really only something you might notice if you have been playing for a long long time. When you start out you won't know what feels good anyway so just look to the ones that are tried and tested. Either a Fender style, a Gibson style (includes Epiphones, Les Paul, PRS etc) or an Ibanez style (also includes Jackson, ESP Dean etc). My advice is forget the novelty guitars, and get a well regarded traditional guitar to start. When really learn how to use it then choosing an expensive upmarket one becomes easy because by then you will know what you need for your playing style and you will realise that a lot of what guitars companies say is a load of hype.
# 3
Mark1237
Mark1237
05/21/2008 12:08 am
Thanks for the feedback, both of you agree that I should decide (making me do all the work :mad: ) lol, well thanks...
# 4
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
05/21/2008 12:37 am
mark i dont know if this makes any sense but you always had to do all the work. what the other guys and me are saying is you need a guitar right now that is more function than form. those sculptied wicked looking guitar are great for looks but most of them are worth much in my opinion because i dont like how most of them sound.

what you need right now is a good guitar you feel comfortable playing you like to play and sounds good. after that there really isnt much more.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 5
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
05/21/2008 5:30 am
If it looks good and plays good, forget about all the snazy print.

Check out harmonycentral.com for reviews.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 6
ren
ren
05/21/2008 9:24 am
If you're going to play out... go for it - they have a distinctive look and will help you stand out.

If you're going to play it in your house.... don't do it... the shape will drive you nuts.

Also if it was me it'd only be a few hours before I smacked it into something and snapped the ends off the flames..... :rolleyes:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.