Shred jam with a couple of friends

Superhuman
Superhuman
04/08/2008 2:08 pm
Hi All,
Haven't posted any music in ages because of damage to my ears. Here is the last track I recorded with a couple of friends over a month ago - its a rough enough jam but filled with some pretty nice moments. Not the type of stuff I usually post but I won't be able to record anything for a while so here it is.

'In Honor' http://www.mp3unsigned.com/showmp3.asp?mp3id=52897

Beats are a basic drum machine, first solo is one of the other lads, the bass solo is by an amazing guitarist whose wrist was broken - so that was all he could manage at the time, my solo is the last one (everything after the bass solo - 2.45 min onwards).

My hearing was completely shot at the time so I recorded this one pretty much by feel - eye on the metronome (good thing was the backing track doesn't shift too much - nice and easy to follow). Recorded mine in two parts, you can hear the switch from bridge to neck pickups - liked the fade out;-)

Was great to do something with some other musicians for a change - there's talk of us forming some kind of a project with proper structured tracks etc when Dan's wrist get's better and my ears are sorted out.
Let me know if you like it!
Thanks,
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/08/2008 2:38 pm
Sounds good :)

Just outa curiosity, how'd you get the guitar sound for the backup and lead?

I like the strong OD you've got going on it and it blends well with the music.
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
04/08/2008 3:26 pm
Hi Kevin, thanks for the comment. The backing guitar was an Ibanez Jem through a Marshall stack mic'd up with an SM57. My lead part was direct through a Rocktron Prophesy II -pretty straight forward settings, gain at about 7, noise supressor before everything, bit of compression, a tad of dark reverb and delay. Also, I swapped out the pups on my Ibanez Universe for a set of Dimarzio Evolution 7's. The Prophesy is a great piece of gear, gets me the sound I've always wanted and the best thing is it's plug and play - sounds the same between takes on different days. I always tweak the dynamics in the post fx with a free VST plug-in called Cyanide to add some soft clip, helps to 'brown' the tone a little. You should check out Cyanide VST, very easy to use and it really helps lead guitar tones to blend and sit in the mix.
# 3
FrankAxtell
FrankAxtell
04/08/2008 4:14 pm
real nice playing and production :)
[FONT=Century Gothic]"study and show yourself approved"[/FONT]
# 4
nathanael hale
nathanael hale
04/10/2008 2:45 am
hey great playing dave!!!!sounded pretty much like satch on hyperspeed steroids.lol...Very sharp and clean playing throughout and nice use of legato,picking and some very nice sweeps(i'm terrible at sweeping so it sounded pretty damn good to my ears).The synth playing was also pretty amazing(i love fast intervallic lines on keys,sounds pretty kickass to hear. as well as the bass.Overall it sounded like a nice free for all jam with virtuoso musicianship.
# 5
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
04/16/2008 3:33 pm
awesome.....

nice and tight... the way i like it :cool:
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.