Acapella writes a story

acapella
acapella
11/21/2006 5:01 pm
What the hell, everybody else is doing it. I wrote this story for the same English project that Brendon did, the difference being that I did mine in like...30 minutes of actual writing, while Brendon took his home to finish and whatnot. I basically just pulled this one out of my ass, so don't bother trying to say it's good to make me feel better because I know it's bad, and I'm fine with that, I just figured I'd show you so you can have a laugh.

On a Wim

There are many things that the boy can see when he sits at the window. He can see the house across the street, where nobody has lived since before he started watching. That house is his favorite subject, both for that reason and in spite of it. If he looks up and down the street, which he does often, he can see other buildings. People live in these buildings, and so they are homes, much like his own. They are not houses. Wim likes houses.
The home that Wim lives in is not at all unlike the other homes on the street. No, in fact it is the same in every apparency. He keeps it that way, out of fear. He fears any difference in his home. What if the difference changes it? Makes it a house again? If it was a house, who would watch it? Certainly not Wim.
These worries are not at all unlike Wimā€™s usual worries. These are indeed his only worries. He finds his worries have been reduced significantly ever since he purged his mind, not so long ago, when he made the perfectly logical conclusion that if the mind and body were one, which they were not, then to cleanse the mind one must perform a physical act, an act of finality. An act of force. Of power. It was for that reason that Wim had cleaned his house. He cleaned his house with his body and so he cleaned his mind.
The more he cleaned his house the more it became a home. He liked it less that way, and he liked it more both for that reason, and in spite of it. He hadnā€™t even noticed how dirty the house had been, but the more he removed from it the more he wondered how he had ever made it so long. He cleaned the house until no unreality remained. First his mother and father, then he took the plunge and went for the dog too. He had hesitated on that last, but being friends with reality was not close enough, and so he too had gone. Finding a place for them hadnā€™t troubled him. The basement is not truly a part of the home.
And this is a home now.
Wim sighs and gets up from his place by the window. His thoughts are too rich today. He can not properly watch the house in such a state. He wanders about for a while, trying to space out the events of his day, which are so few now as to induce boredom if they are tackled all at once, leaving the day empty. He has been looking forward to it all day. Finally he stops putting it off. He opens the Door and looks down the stairs. A smile. Theyā€™re coming along nicely now. Almost washed out. Soon these delusions will bother him no more.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 1
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
11/21/2006 7:27 pm
Ok.. that story just creeped me out.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 2
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
11/21/2006 7:39 pm
dude that is trippy..i love it! u both shud write more....
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 3
acapella
acapella
11/21/2006 8:19 pm
I guess that creepy was a large apart of my intentions with the character...

Josh...thanks, I guess you could call it "trippy" if not necessarily good. It was mostly made up on the spot with no real planning as to what it would be about, with some minor changes I made when I looked back so that it was consistent before handing it in to the teacher. Maybe that's my thing though...

If I do write any more, I'll show you, since you enjoy it so much.
# 4
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
11/22/2006 2:02 am
Hmm. Very interesting. Zen philosophy meets murder and brutality. I like that sort of weird juxtaposition. Nice and creepy! Has what I imagine as the emotional flat-line of a mass-killer. Yup. Nice and creepy. :)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 5
acapella
acapella
11/22/2006 4:28 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Hmm. Very interesting. Zen philosophy meets murder and brutality. I like that sort of weird juxtaposition. Nice and creepy! Has what I imagine as the emotional flat-line of a mass-killer. Yup. Nice and creepy. :)

Haha, thank you! :D
# 6
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/24/2006 7:14 am
I refuse to believe you've never read any Samuel Beckett or Kafka.

The whole mind-body philosophy is present in all their writing, I assume you were thinking about it when you wrote this.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 7
acapella
acapella
11/25/2006 8:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI refuse to believe you've never read any Samuel Beckett or Kafka.

The whole mind-body philosophy is present in all their writing, I assume you were thinking about it when you wrote this.

Never read the first one, never heard of the second. Whether I should be proud or ashamed is not entirely clear.
# 8
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
11/26/2006 12:08 am
Originally Posted by: acapellaNever read the first one, never heard of the second. Whether I should be proud or ashamed is not entirely clear.

You could always take my approach; when you're not sure, choose pride. It feels better than shame. ;)
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.