Zombie n Godsmack

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/04/2006 4:46 am
Recently got back from a Godsmack-Rob Zombie-Shinedown concert. Best show I've ever been to! Definatly topped the Slayer show. Shinedown played first, not a huge fan, but they were great. Then Rob Zombie put on an awsome show from a dancing robot, to chick dancers, to fire and a helluva lotta jumpin around...and his wife ran on stage :D .

John 5 was the guitarist for Zombie and he was just amazing. He did a 5 minute long solo that really blew me away. They also played some White Zombie which was cool.

Then Godsmack played, oh man. Godsmack put on one hell of a show. They had some fire and explosions and what not, kinda cool, but the music was just amazing. They had the drummer on this platform that was moving across the stage while the singer was on another drum platform with a bongo/regular drum set. They moved on either side of the stage and went at it for 10 minutes; they're new drummer is awsome and the singer was just as good.

I took pictures and a few short vids, I'll share em tommorrow.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
09/04/2006 9:15 am
Cool, can't wait for the pictures!
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/05/2006 3:30 pm
Photobucket is being a pain, I'll see if I can get them up tonight.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/05/2006 8:19 pm
Okay, here they are :

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/elklandercc/godsmack%20zombie%20show/

Some are blurry, some just suck. I need to figure out how to properly use the camera, its a pretty nice one, just gotta figure out how to adjust for lighting and the shutter speed and what not. A lot of the picture came out a lot darker than it was there. The camera I used last time showed the true lighting, but all came out blurry

Myspace
# 4
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/06/2006 2:00 am
i liked godsmack better the first time around....when they were called alice in chains.

but rob zombie is always fun. i miss the white zombie days but he's still doing the same song and dance....so yeah....just less thunderkiss 65 and more dragula (the coolest car ever featured in the munsters)
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 5
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
09/06/2006 2:00 am
I'm so jealous of you right now :mad: :o
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 6
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/06/2006 3:23 am
Originally Posted by: tehplatypusi liked godsmack better the first time around....when they were called alice in chains.

but rob zombie is always fun. i miss the white zombie days but he's still doing the same song and dance....so yeah....just less thunderkiss 65 and more dragula (the coolest car ever featured in the munsters)

HAHA! They had clips from the color episode when Herman was driving on the race track playing in the background.

Myspace
# 7
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/06/2006 3:35 am
Originally Posted by: elklanderccHAHA! They had clips from the color episode when Herman was driving on the race track.

noice!!!

it's cool that john 5 is with him....better than wasting his talents with marilyn manson.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 8
aschleman
aschleman
09/06/2006 4:46 pm
I'll be seeing the same show soon... it's called X-Fest here...

When Godsmack opened for Metallica Sully did the same thing with the drums... he is a pretty damn good drummer...

Saw Zombie on the second stage at Ozzfest last year and they kicked ass all over the place... John 5 is one hell of a guitarist as well. I've known that for quite some time... his solo album is strangely enough.... a country pickin album.

Saw Shinedown at a MayDay concert that featured 3 Doors Down, No Address, Crossfade, and Shinedown last year too... They're a lot better live... and despite anything anyone else says... I'm still a fan. I was a fan before they got any radio play around the country.... Jason Todd (the guitarist) isn't too bad at all either... He did ALL the guitar work (no rhythm guitarist) when I saw them live.

Killer show I bet!
# 9
jimmy_kwtx
jimmy_kwtx
09/06/2006 6:26 pm
Just a neat little tid bit of info regarding Rob Zombie (heard this on a radio Interveiw -- !! He amitted it!!

Rob zombie was the "Art Director" for the "Pee Wee's Playhouse" TV show. They have brought back the re-runs on adult swim on Cartoon Network (I beleive -- have to ask my 9 year old).

Just a little fun factoid.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I reject your reality and substitue my own[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]BYAAAAAAAAAAAH![/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But it goes to eleven....[/FONT]
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.