I'm so bored right now...

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/24/2005 9:14 pm
I'm so bored... I'm thinking about walking down to the guitar shop and just playing like every guitar that they have there (10 or 15... it's not a big shop) and playing them all through the line 6 half stack that they've got there... just to annoy the heck out of everyone that works there (also to annoy the heck out of whoever is getting like flute lessons in the back) but that doesn't sound too fun since the only guitars that they have there are cheapo deans... though I think they have one ibanez rg... but it's in the front window... and the only have like 3 amps there... and they are all half stacks... a line 6, a crate, and I think another crate... I could go to the other guitar shop that's across the street... literally, it's across the street and maybe one or two shops to the left... talk about competitors! but I don't like the other shop... because too me, I look at one shop, and I see country music, and I look at the other and I see rock... and I've only been in the 'country' store once... and it freaked me out... I walk in, and everyone just starts staring at me... like they have only a select few customers that come in... and since I wasn't one of their regulars, they looked at me like I was wierd... at the other shop, they are just so helpful... one of the guys working there helped me pick out my first set of strings... he explained all the different kinds to me and everything... so yeah... I dunno, I probably won't go to either... if only I had my driver's license I would go to the shop that's about 20 minutes away that is a much bigger store with a much bigger variety... and just try out all the guitars that I was looking at getting... *sigh* well, I gotta think of something to do, cause I can't sit in this house any longer... I've been just jamming on my guitar all morning, and, now I really need something to do... hence the reason why I'm just typing this huge long thing... yeah, anyone actually reading this? cause, if you are... then... I'm sorry. so... yeah... if you can think of anything to do... please post, because I'll be here all day it looks like...

P.S. MY 700TH POST!!!!!!! lol
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
Danny C.
Danny C.
07/24/2005 9:40 pm
Dude I am bored too, I even read all of that. The closest guitar shop is 30 minutes away, but it is an awesome shop. But yeah i am really bored too. But congrats on the 700 posts
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/24/2005 11:09 pm
That's why you should have a day like I did. A friend of mine and I spent the entire night (last night) going places we had no business being and just lingering around doing nothing. By the end of the night, ironically enough, we'd found a drummer for our band... sort of. Got to call him and set things up, but none the less.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/25/2005 12:23 am
I had a double header with the co-ed softball team i'm on. So I wasn't bored, I'm just beat.

# 4
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/25/2005 1:13 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsThat's why you should have a day like I did. A friend of mine and I spent the entire night (last night) going places we had no business being and just lingering around doing nothing. By the end of the night, ironically enough, we'd found a drummer for our band... sort of. Got to call him and set things up, but none the less.

about 20 minutes after I posted this, my mom wanted to go to the mall, so I walked around the mall, got some new shoes and a haircut... then just walked around for an hour... now I'm home again, and bored again, so, please do tell me the whole story, as I would love to be able to find a drummer... and a bassist... and a vocalist... and a rhythm/lead guitarist (we'll trade off) and then I could have a band too!!! lol
my spyspace
# 5
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/25/2005 1:58 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsabout 20 minutes after I posted this, my mom wanted to go to the mall, so I walked around the mall, got some new shoes and a haircut... then just walked around for an hour... now I'm home again, and bored again, so, please do tell me the whole story, as I would love to be able to find a drummer... and a bassist... and a vocalist... and a rhythm/lead guitarist (we'll trade off) and then I could have a band too!!! lol

Oh ok... It all started when I first made contact to a guitarist by the name of Eric. I spoke with him a bit about bands we're interested in and we decided to get together and jam (all this was previously mentioned in a different thread). So we did what we could with just the two of us for a few sessions. I had passed the stories of us jamming along to a few of my friends as expected. One of which wanted to start a band as well, so I gave him the website I used to get things going. Later I'd noticed he'd posted an ad as a vocalist and figured good for him. About a week ago Eric called me up and said we've got a drummer to audition and he was scheduled to audition yesterday. While he was talking to me he said "dude, we ought to find a vocalist." I figured that's doable. Later on I was talking to the one friend who posted an ad for himself (for future referance his name's Darryl). I mentioned that we were auditioning a drummer and I dropped Eric's name into the conversation to which Darryl said "dude, that's ironic, I've been talking to a dude named Eric about joining a band as a vocalist." After convesation ensued we came to the conclusion it was the same Eric. Friday night I was at a different friend's place when I got a call from Eric. "We're going to have to cancel the audition." Thing about Eric is he's going through a divorce right now and he's living in his mom's basement until he can get his own place and his mom didn't want a drummer there. She can handle the guitars with volume control, but a drummer is too much. So Darryl and I were going to go get with him regardless. Come Saturday I wasn't able to get in touch with Eric to clarify the plans so I just called Darryl up and said "hey, let's just goof off." So I got some games and my Macgyver DVDs and we watched those for a few hours. After having had our fill of Macgyver we decided to go to Barnes and Noble. There we read all the metal magazines we could, checked out the music books, and drank a load of water from the water fountain. Following that we went to Best Buy where I landed a King Diamond CD and continued the water fountain chugging saga. Darryl deserves credit for he's a braver man than I as one of the fountains barely squirted water so he went and kissed itfor a drink. After that we went to a couple of fast food restaraunts and ordered "water with extra water." After that we wandered to a near by local town that happened to have a small time university which we blended with the crowds.... well, that was the plan anyway. There wasn't much of a crowd so we just sat on a bench and talked about music. Of course that got boring so we went to Meijer and sat in the car for a few minutes trying to figure out why we were even there. We came to no conclusion, but we still went inside. I made a pit stop to release some of the water I'd drank and came out only to see Darryl riding around in the handicap cart. Craziest part of that was that I was the only witness before he called it quits. After we made it into the actual store we just started walking around when some dude said "nice shirt." We turned around to see who it was and there stood a Meijer employee pointing at Darryl's Mayhem shirt. So for 10 minutes we talked about metal before the guy decided he ought to get back to work. Just before we parted ways I shot out "do you know any drummers?" To which he replied "I am a drummer." Darryl and I were awstruck at this and quickly asked him for his phone number. So after we got that out of him the both of us decided to continue our childish ways and began growling our entire convesations throughout the store. We made way into the video game section only to hear some guys talking about some fighting game and how the girls' boobs shake. Not to long after that we left empty handed. We went to some small store after that, got some hot pockets, went back to his place and watched more Macgyver before we crashed. This was something like 3 or 4 in the morning by time it was all over.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 6
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/25/2005 2:35 am
dude. that's awesome, I want to be in a band... I keep browsing the classified ads, but, apparently it's all guitarists looking for bands and no bands looking for guitarists... there's just too many guitarists in my area... *sigh*
my spyspace
# 7
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
07/25/2005 3:02 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsOh ok... It all started................................................................This was something like 3 or 4 in the morning by time it was all over.

I love nights like that. Last night I went to a party at a friends house and was going to stay the night with a few other people. I didn't/don't drink, but other people were. A few people left so we decided to watch Harold and Kumar. Well it was my great idea to go get white castle before the movie. At some point during the road trip, we managed to hit this huge pot hole and almost hit a tree, and the driver was completely sober, we went to Meijer (a few times over the coarse of the night), and to white castle but I'm not too sure on the order. We go back to the kids house that is crazy huge and on a lake. We took his boat out, but we had to row it because there wasn't enough gas. After an amazing experience of skinny dipping, we rowed back and watched the movie. It was about 5 in the morning by the time most of us passed out on the couch or the floor. When me and this girl woke up at 11, there was the absolute biggest monsoon spazing out outside, it was sweet!
1 Peter 2:16
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/25/2005 3:18 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsdude. that's awesome, I want to be in a band... I keep browsing the classified ads, but, apparently it's all guitarists looking for bands and no bands looking for guitarists... there's just too many guitarists in my area... *sigh*

If you haven't already try starting a band. I'd decided that since I'm so inexperienced with the band life that I'd like to start one from scratch rather than jump right into a functional band. So far the haphazardous escapades of trying to find more members has been fun enough that I can hardly wait to see what happens when we get something going.

Hulk Smash!!

# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/25/2005 5:19 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsIf you haven't already try starting a band. I'd decided that since I'm so inexperienced with the band life that I'd like to start one from scratch rather than jump right into a functional band. So far the haphazardous escapades of trying to find more members has been fun enough that I can hardly wait to see what happens when we get something going.

not many people would like to join a band started by someone who's been playing under a year and has a $140 guitar... even though I'm an extremely fast learner, so I'm better then most at 1 year.. but still... but, I'm about to get a new guitar soon (hopefully) and I already have a gig worthy/band practice worthy amp. I think I'm going to wait a while until I have some better gear and a little more experience. then I could try to start a band in a few months, maybe around christmas time, cause I get my driver's license in early november, so, then I could actually get to a band practice without having to have my band member's live 5 minutes away... lol. but that is a good idea, and I will take the advice... eventually
my spyspace
# 10
ren
ren
07/25/2005 8:57 am
Originally Posted by: AkiraAnd the ironic/annoying thing is: I bet most of them guitarists SUCK!

Yeah - probably 90% of men say they can play guitar, when in reality they know open Em, A & D...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 11
ren
ren
07/25/2005 9:02 am
And that's why at the moment I dep for other bands.... it's fun making the regular guitarist look bad.... :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 12
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/25/2005 8:14 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraAnd the ironic/annoying thing is: I bet most of them guitarists SUCK!

there's definately alot of bad ones, but there are a select few who were just meant to have an axe in there hand. go here to hear some of his stuff... but, that stuff is by no means the extent of his ability... I've never even heard him play to the extent of his abilitys... I'm not sure if his ability's have any boundries...
my spyspace
# 13
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/25/2005 8:25 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthere's definately alot of bad ones, but there are a select few who were just meant to have an axe in there hand. go here to hear some of his stuff... but, that stuff is by no means the extent of his ability... I've never even heard him play to the extent of his abilitys... I'm not sure if his ability's have any boundries...

Apparently soloing is a boundary he can't cross.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 14
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
07/25/2005 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonApparently soloing is a boundary he can't cross.

Yea, these guys should crank out backing tracks for a living :D.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 15
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/25/2005 9:07 pm
that's harsh... trust me, this guy can solo, he may not do it in these songs for some reason... I don't really know why not... but, man, when he does solo, it's insane... trust me, I've heard it... maybe he only solos when he's playing live or something.. I don't know...

oh, and about the backing tracks. it's funny that you should mention that because whenever my girlfriend needs to sing a song somewhere, and she needs the backing music without any voice on it, she goes to this guy and he makes her backing tracks... lol
my spyspace
# 16
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
07/26/2005 12:01 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsthere's definately alot of bad ones, but there are a select few who were just meant to have an axe in there hand. go here to hear some of his stuff... but, that stuff is by no means the extent of his ability... I've never even heard him play to the extent of his abilitys... I'm not sure if his ability's have any boundries...

Hoo boy, he needs to fire his drummer. :( :mad:
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 17
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/26/2005 1:00 am
Well... eggman just said something and I nearly orgasmed. AH I've missed you man.

# 18
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
07/26/2005 1:20 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanHoo boy, he needs to fire his drummer. :( :mad:

first of all... what was wrong with the drummer?
and secondly, dude, welcome back, is this a permanent return?
my spyspace
# 19
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/26/2005 1:45 am
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspYeah - probably 90% of men say they can play guitar, when in reality they know open Em, A & D...

Wait, there's more to guitar than that????!??!?! :eek:
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.