how to get a band started, help!

g-player
g-player
04/20/2001 1:05 am
I am wanting to start a band i know a bass player but he needs to take lessons any suggestions? and can u still sound good without a drummer?
# 1
Joseph
Joseph
04/20/2001 2:28 am
Did you say drummer, well Ive had my share of experiences with drummers over the past five years, and its hard to find a drummer with enough confidence these days, one whos willing to work around changes. Yes, its very important to find a good drummer, that is you're serious, (but don't panic, he doesn't have to be perfect, just good enough to carry a steady beat. When you first get a band started believe me, you definitely need practice, not just with your overall technique, but working together as one. You have to be able to throw ideas back and forth, and always be willing try something new, you never know when you guys will come across the right song that could define your sound and your overall direction. Sometimes all you guys need is one song to get your enthusiasm going, but always stay on top of yourself, because (in band) just when you think everything is going sooo good, all it takes is one person to screw it all up. One person to tear away at your confidence.

Good luck...

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 2
g-player
g-player
04/20/2001 12:18 pm
alright dude, thanx. hey do you know of any online places that sell acoustic guitars for cheap prices?
# 3
zepo
zepo
04/22/2001 1:56 am
have you tried Musicians friend yet??
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 4
Flpunk
Flpunk
04/23/2001 2:56 am
Starting a band is an awsome idea. Me + a couple of my friends are starting a punk/heavy metal band. I play acoustic or bass, and she plays electric. Actually, we started playing about a month ago, and we're really not that good. We're trying to find a drummer because, well, you really can't have a band withought the drum. If you listen to music alot, of course you do, you would notice that all rock songs have drums. (Unless it's a long guitar solo, considered a song. (Im pretty sure your not going to just have all guitar solos))
It would be a good idea to get a drummer for your band. And if your friend, (or you) isn't that good or an experienced player, you should check out this site. It has all you need to learn how to play. [http://www.supersonic.net/guitar/lessons]
I also have a bunch of programs on my computer that teach how to play. If you want to download these, feal free to email me. FLpunk@hotmail.com.
Oh, and, if I didn't say that clear enough;
FORGET THE LESSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why spend money when you can teach yourself with your computer? Check out that site man.
:confused:
FL-Punk
:D
# 5
blackrose
blackrose
04/23/2001 8:27 pm
Originally posted by g-player
alright dude, thanx. hey do you know of any online places that sell acoustic guitars for cheap prices?
Try guitartrader.com. They have just about everything you could ever need as a guitarist.
# 6
Fender Man
Fender Man
04/24/2001 1:03 am
I've got a drummer, I need a singer. I really don 't know anyone around here. Any tips for meeting singers, got a bass player and drummer and me (guitarist), but I need a singer really bad, cuz it ain't no fun without a singer.
"I'll stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand."
-Jimi Hendrix
# 7
g-player
g-player
04/27/2001 3:06 pm
yeah i know of someone that sings and we r pretty good friends but the reason i posted the first thread was to ask anybody if u just have a singer, guitarist, and bass player and still sound good to where people would want to hear u play.
# 8
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/27/2001 9:31 pm
Originally posted by Fender Man
I've got a drummer, I need a singer. I really don 't know anyone around here. Any tips for meeting singers, got a bass player and drummer and me (guitarist), but I need a singer really bad, cuz it ain't no fun without a singer.

Watch other bands play and the poach what you need.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 9
nanode
nanode
04/27/2001 9:39 pm
It's been forever since I jammed with people, let alone play in a band. I have some MIDI gear: drum machine sequencer and some sound mods. I use that stuff to get real basic rhythm parts down. It sounds pretty stiff and flat, but at least I can keep time and watch for changes without a rhythm section :(

My brother's an awesome drummer in a moderately successful band. Too bad he lives 2500 miles away.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.