View post (how to get a band started, help!)

View thread

Flpunk
Flpunk
04/23/2001 2:56 am
Starting a band is an awsome idea. Me + a couple of my friends are starting a punk/heavy metal band. I play acoustic or bass, and she plays electric. Actually, we started playing about a month ago, and we're really not that good. We're trying to find a drummer because, well, you really can't have a band withought the drum. If you listen to music alot, of course you do, you would notice that all rock songs have drums. (Unless it's a long guitar solo, considered a song. (Im pretty sure your not going to just have all guitar solos))
It would be a good idea to get a drummer for your band. And if your friend, (or you) isn't that good or an experienced player, you should check out this site. It has all you need to learn how to play. [http://www.supersonic.net/guitar/lessons]
I also have a bunch of programs on my computer that teach how to play. If you want to download these, feal free to email me. FLpunk@hotmail.com.
Oh, and, if I didn't say that clear enough;
FORGET THE LESSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why spend money when you can teach yourself with your computer? Check out that site man.
:confused:
FL-Punk
:D