nylons

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/04/2005 12:39 am
Would nylon strings on an acustic make a better Spanish style sound. I'm learning Nyah & Ethan from MI:2.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 1
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/04/2005 3:22 am
You cant put Nylon strings into any old guitar...

it has to be a classical or flamenco guitar or some sort of guitar made for classical guitar strings.

...and yes, It would make it sound more spanish.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 2
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/04/2005 3:27 am
If you can get block backs you could give it a try !!

People only usually get into trouble trying to put steel strings on to classical guitars as the bridges pull off.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/04/2005 2:36 pm
I thought I heard somewhere that the neck would warp with such tension (steel strings on a classical gutiar). I may be wrong with that, but I have heard it none the less. I just can't back myself up. I'd imagine that a steel guitar would also have risks with different strings. Your best bet is to just buy a classical guitar. If you're wanting a more gentle tone for finger picking a steel string try Martin silk/steel strings. I use those on my steel string and they have a vague classical tone to them when finger picking but they still maintain a mostly steel string sound. Besides, what's the point of having a steel string if you're not going to use it to sound like a steel string? That's a rhetorical question mind you.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/04/2005 8:35 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI thought I heard somewhere that the neck would warp with such tension (steel strings on a classical gutiar). I may be wrong with that, but I have heard it none the less. I just can't back myself up. I'd imagine that a steel guitar would also have risks with different strings. Your best bet is to just buy a classical guitar. If you're wanting a more gentle tone for finger picking a steel string try Martin silk/steel strings. I use those on my steel string and they have a vague classical tone to them when finger picking but they still maintain a mostly steel string sound. Besides, what's the point of having a steel string if you're not going to use it to sound like a steel string? That's a rhetorical question mind you.

I like to go back and fourth between styles. Shesh.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.