Ideas???

Guitarin'4Jesus
Guitarin'4Jesus
02/22/2001 9:08 pm
I just started a band and we (my friends and I) absolutely canNOT think of a band name any ideas?
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
# 1
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/23/2001 5:34 pm
SALVATION !
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
02/23/2001 9:52 pm
You know, when it comes to choosing a band title alot of musicians feel its the least most important decision. But from an outsiders perspective, if you can't come up with a half decent name then they can't help thinking that your music doesnt have all that to offer. One of the most creative band names is Soundgarden, (sorry its taken :D) Its a name that conjures up powerful visual images, it came from the pipe sculpture which stands in sand point park in Seattle. Labelled a Soundgarden, where music is produced when wind whistles through the structures hollow metal pipes. In the a way the band kind of disguises their true sound to an outsider, and then just blows them away once they are given the opportunity to hear them, but still keeps them interested.

Just think of a name that represents how you feel, your level of energy, and your backround as well (your roots.) I'm curious to see what you come up with,:).

-Joseph, :).
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
Guitarin'4Jesus
Guitarin'4Jesus
02/24/2001 3:00 am
Hey thanks for the suggestions, they both helped us out alot :) We're thinkin' of the band names
"Not Ashamed" because all of us really like the verse Romans 1:16 (my signature) and "Given"
Because I'm only in junior high and I just picked the guitar up three months ago (the same with another girl who's playing guitar)and were already playing in our churches worship teams and we've done a couple gigs.And also my friend has a KILLER voice so we believe that these gifts were "Given" to us by God so that's how we thought of that name. Were still not sure which one were going to get though:( but were kinda' leaning towards "Given". What do you think?
I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes. Romans 1:16
# 4
Joseph
Joseph
02/24/2001 5:37 am
I think you found two good names that you feel sets a good example for what you guys are all about, and its important to be confident with the name you choose, and it seems like your hopes are pretty high. Hey, and its great to hear that your friend has such a strong voice, you have no idea how hard it is to find a good voice today thats capable of carrying a band in the right direction. At the end of highschool, I had this great female vocalist, she was amazing and she really made our shows worth while, (as well as motivating the other band members.) Too bad it wasn't a permanent arrangement, but still after all of this time I was confident that with her leading the band we were on our way to getting a record deal. But still, after all of ths time, Ive kept my eyes open for the right people to work with, but I havent seen anyone quite like her, (and with her level of energy.)

Just keep in mind, patience is very important,(its something you always have to keep working on), and Ive come along too many young musicians who had so much potential, but they just couldn't still long enough to perfect their arrangements. I'm a real procrastinator when it comes to my own personal recordings, :D..Good luck...
www.ragmagazine.com
# 5
Guitarin'4Jesus
Guitarin'4Jesus
02/25/2001 10:10 pm
My friend that I said has KILLER voice well it is not a strong one I think I led into that direction but what I meant by "killer" was it's beautiful ya know, it's really soft though. But still she has some sort of weird technique when she sings and it sounds really cool.And so . . what I meant by killer wasn't strong, but pretty. But I understand what you mean, it's really hard to find people with strong voices.
# 6
Joseph
Joseph
02/26/2001 12:55 am
Heh, yeah I hope everything works out for you. As long as you're comfortable with her voice, and most importantly as long as shes comfortable evrything should be fine.

This girl who played with my band toward the end of highschool had a rather impulsive style, I mean she would listewn very carefully to the lead guitarists lines and she would try her best to match them naturally. And yes, she does have a strong voice, a very unique voice might I add, because to be honest I havent heard anyone quite like her. With her natural abilities to match her voice with particular sounds, I think she could have been very successful as a musician, but shes wasn't really into the whole "lifestyle", shes studying to be an oceanographer as we speak, and I hope that whatever she chooses to do with her life everything goes her way. But I definitely feel that music should be on her agenda.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.