This example is in the key of C minor with the reduced tempo and mood of a slow minor blues giving us a lot of room to stretch out. It uses C minor pentatonic blues scale and jumps to F minor pentatonic blues for ‘Fm7’ (iv chord). Many signature SRV moves including hybrid picking, fast trills and sliding blues scale licks.
Dave's latest Blues tutorials
Learn more about your instructor
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Welcome
- Stevie Ray Vaughan Artist Study: Gear & Tone
- Texas Shuffle: Lesson
- Texas Shuffle: Performance
- Pentatonic Licks: Lesson
- Pentatonic Licks: Performance
- 12-Bar Blues: Lesson
- 12-Bar Blues: Performance
- Slow Minor Blues: Lesson
- Slow Minor Blues: Performance
- Soulful Blues: Lesson
- Soulful Blues: Performance
I find it quite easy (so far!) to navigate, and found the "where do I start" to be very helpful! I'm getting there!!
I LOVE the forum, too. I've never been one to use forums, but the GT forum is full of great people and helpful information at ALL levels! Congrats on a WONDERFUL site!!Good job!