Floyd Rose Tuning Problem...

iTryToSuck
iTryToSuck
02/14/2001 3:32 am
hey,

i just got a new guitar w/ a floyd rose on it, and i am new to these. well, heres my problem: when i tune the guitar, i undo the lock at the top of the neck and tune, and put the lock back on, and do this for the rest of the strings. the problem is when i go back, the string is out of tune by around 1/2 step lower usually. i do it over and over but it keeps happening. i have tried tuning 1/2 step higher, and stretching the strings, but nothing is working. any suggestions?
# 1
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/14/2001 3:42 am
*The strings aren't going STRAIGHT through the upper bridge (possibly because of a radical headstock) and hitting the tuners so the strings are actually riding slightly up on the sides of the upper bridge....If this is your problem, than you need a "bar" (Thin peice of metal between your upper bridge and tuners to put d/ward pressure on the strings before they get to the tuners thus forcing the string to ride on the lowest groove on that bridge..This "bar" is adjustable with little phillips heads screws to adjust height......(This is a common problem....)...A luthier can fix ya right up for only a few bucks....

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-13-2001 at 10:45 PM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.