Signs that your band is becoming successful

Digit
Digit
06/03/2004 3:32 pm
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Anything we should be looking out for?
Girls camped on the front lawn... a new Porshe in the driveway...clothes torn off at the mall?
Haven't had any of these happen yet so I'm just curious if maybe I'm missing something more subtle :cool: [/FONT]
# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/03/2004 3:47 pm
unless you're a super huge celebrity, there's not much for signs. I recall having some recognition in high school, but that lasted about a week and it only lasted that long because it was either talk about our music or do homework. So don't expect much until you're goin places. And also, don't take for granted the time where people leave you alone, you get big enough and no one will ever let you be.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/03/2004 3:48 pm
Oh yeah, there is one sign I can think of. Bigger shows. Even for local shows, they can get bigger and bigger. People develop a loyalty to bands, especially when they're at their roots. So just keep making music and keep an eye out for shows that appear with more and more people.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Jimmi431
Jimmi431
06/03/2004 5:09 pm
something i noiced was people who you didn't know and none of the band new turned up to see you play. when my band started it was mainly our friends who went specifically to see us play (theres an upstairs section where ppl go when they dont want to hear the band) but then people would come down to check us out an then stay and we eventually got people going to gigs just because our name was on the list. thats when you realise your gettin more recognised
The sun is shining the weather is sweet
# 4
TheWizard
TheWizard
06/07/2004 5:41 am
I considered it a pretty good spet when I met a kid at a party who goes to a different school than mine who had heard of my band

It was also cool when the local scenes best-known classic rock band/ bar band asked us to play with them
Alas Gandalf lives, Middle Earth is again safe...
# 5
kingdavid
kingdavid
06/07/2004 12:47 pm
Originally Posted by: aiwassMcDonald's has little action figures of you and your band mates in their Happy Meals.

:p
That would be something.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.