Take a Lickin' -N- keep on Tickin'

zeews
zeews
02/10/2001 9:47 pm
Does anyone have any stories about thier guitar taking some kind of sever punishment, and still able to play good?

^(A)^-ZEEWS-^(A)^
# 1
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/10/2001 10:04 pm
*I've gotta go out for dinner tonight, but when I get back later, I'll post you one of my personal stories :D
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 2
LEEtheV
LEEtheV
02/11/2001 5:26 am
*I'm in a group (at that time) called "NightFall" and we're opening for Joe Perry Project at the (now defunct)Golden Bear Club in Santa Monica (across from the pier) in '85 and we're doin' a bunch of blow in the gear van out back with Joe's roadies before going on....Anyway, the sound man is ****in' tweaked outa his mind and the g/friends are all pissed off because we come back in from outside all ****ed up and didn't invite them..(tee-hee)....Well, we're pretty excited about opening for Joe (even though he was a TOTAL prick) and all tweaked from MASSIVE piles of happy stuff, so we jump on stage and proceed to go phuckin' nutz....The crowd iz goin' wild anyway, so anything pretty much goes...I'm usin' a HOT PINK Kramer "American" (neck through the body, Floyd Rose) and I'm jumpin' all over playin' our "hit" song called "party" and I go to throw my guitar over my neck (like Yngwie) except I'm not usin' strap locks :D:D:D...The axe goes flyin' across the stage and slams into the lighting rack (breaks 2 lights and glass shatters on-stage)....The sound man is also our light man and he thinks the whole thing is cool as hell, so he jumps on stage (Yup, he just leaves the sound board) with a FIRE EXTINGUISHER trying to imitate a fog machine and turns the thing loose.....I go to grab my guitar but can no longer breathe because the fire extinguisher has taken all the oxygen away.....Somebody hits the fire alarm and ALL HELL BREAKS loose !!! Our drummer KICKS his drums over to get off the stage and trips over the kick drum and fall FACE first on my guitar which I just picked up....He gets a gash across his face from the Floyd Rose Bridge and we both go tumbling to the ground.....EVERYBODY iz heading for the exits and the ONLY sane one in the bunch is our drum roadie (who doesn't do drugs or anything) and he grabs my guitar and heads out the door....The drummer and I make it out also and grab rags outa the van to stop the bleeding...Anyway, we get to the van and our other guitar player "Scotty" (Who looks JUST like David Lee Roth) is already back out there with the Perry roadies doin' more blow....We say to hell with the rags and end up getting wasted some more and head off to Madam Wongs West to keep partying for the night and check out other bands......I heard that they did clean the club back up and Joe Perry played (Although, I heard he was SCREAMING at his drummer the whole time)...2 days later at band practice, the roadie hands me back my axe, BLOOD AND ALL, and so I plug it in to check it out and IT WAS STILL IN TUNE !!! I left the blood on it and continued with practice....... :D.....NOTE: I left the "Drugs daze" back when I left CA. in '88 and have been clean since.....None-the-less, the story is true and it was ONLY one of MANY :D.........

[Edited by LEEtheV on 02-11-2001 at 12:30 AM]
*Turn the bastard up and see what happenz.... :D
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.