View post ("Your Tricks")

View thread

PlayLoud
PlayLoud
08/21/2004 8:52 pm
Originally Posted by: JamiephofeJust something I wanted to get off my chest.... it seems to me that 80% of the stuff posted on the "your tricks" section of the site is a complete waste of time.

1. People tabbing and playing bits of songs is pointless, it's not a trick, anyone can download the tab and learn it, so whats the point in posting it?

2. What's the point of posting a scale run as a trick unless it's interesting and different. There are so many people posting scale runs it's getting annoying, it's been done a billion times. If it has a wierd time signature or odd/interesting note groupings that's cool, but if not, it's not worth taking the time to record.

3.Why post a trick unless you can play it properly youself on the recording?

Just a few things that were annoying me, hope I didn't offend anyone too badly :rolleyes:

- J

Actually, that's not nearly as annoying as some practical jokers that i've seen out there. There was this one guy for instance who didn't post any guitar tab or lesson whatsoever, but instead made a lousy joke about "his penis having scales" or something. And this in the "Guitar Tricks" section. I swear, some people could use a serious beating...