View post ("Your Tricks")

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
05/09/2004 8:39 pm
Originally Posted by: JamiephofeJust something I wanted to get off my chest.... it seems to me that 80% of the stuff posted on the "your tricks" section of the site is a complete waste of time.

1. People tabbing and playing bits of songs is pointless, it's not a trick, anyone can download the tab and learn it, so whats the point in posting it?

2. What's the point of posting a scale run as a trick unless it's interesting and different. There are so many people posting scale runs it's getting annoying, it's been done a billion times. If it has a wierd time signature or odd/interesting note groupings that's cool, but if not, it's not worth taking the time to record.

3.Why post a trick unless you can play it properly youself on the recording?

Just a few things that were annoying me, hope I didn't offend anyone too badly :rolleyes:

- J

the term "tricks" is not to be taken too literal. if guitartricks was like that, then there would be like 20 tricks and thats it, for how many "tricks" are there for guitar apart from those almost every guitarist knows like divebombs, squeals and whatnot?

i do agree on your points 2 and 3 though.. but not with 1 because
i would have to close my section, for it consists mostly of complete transcriptions of various songs. no "tricks" whatsoever.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]