pickup wiring

PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/14/2004 1:41 am
I'm in the process of building a guitar from warmoth (read "opinion's on custom guitar" in the gear section) and want to use lace sensor hot gold pup's. a 6k for the neck and middle and a 13.2k for the bridge. I want to wire them with 1 250k volume knob for the neck and middle, and 1 250k volume knob for the bridge and 1 250k master tone knob. could anyone point me in the right direction of a wiring schematic for this type setup. all I can find is for 1 vol. and 2 tone. I know I could probably figure it out from that, but I want to be 100% sure before I start soldering wires to stuff. Also, should I line the cavity with copper shielding tape? Thanks for any help!
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
04/14/2004 6:01 am
The master Tone control would be a pot wired with the CCW (Counter-ClockWise) terminal grounded, the CW (ClockWise) terminal connected to the slider (centre terminal), and to a capacitor, which in turn is connected to the "hot" terminal of the output jack.

Having one volume pot for the middle & neck pickups is going to be hard to combine with your pickup selector switch.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/14/2004 1:09 pm
what about just one volume and one tone? but I really like the idea of having a separate volume between the neck and bridge so I can have one cranked and the other rolled off to get a cleanish sound without switching channel's on my amp :D I'll probably get a guitar tech to do the wiring for me so I don't mess anything up :rolleyes:

what about the copper shielding tape? will it be necessary, or are lace senser's fairly quiet to begin with?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
04/14/2004 1:29 pm
According to this guy, Guitarnuts.com, the first and best thing to do to a guitar is make sure it's properly shielded.

He also has some interesting wiring configurations that may pique your interest. I suggest you browse...
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.