Fender custom Telecaster?

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
04/11/2004 9:42 pm
I am looking very seriously at buying a Fender Custom Tele (Korea)...the ones that are being released as a special range(along with the Esquire and Showmaster).
Having tried one out, I really liked...The two humbuckers and thin body seemed to really enhance the traditional guitar...anyone have any thoughts on this axe?
I am trying to decide between the Tele ( flamed maple top ) and an Ibanez S classic...anybody have any experience with these two axes?
I am looking for a really "fast" guitar. obviously this is largely dependant on the neck of each and every guitar, but I have found that thinner guitars tend to be faster...although my trusty Lp is also pretty dmn fast.

Anyway, please help me to chose a nice axe for alot of arpeggios and lead.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
04/11/2004 10:45 pm
I find the fenders to be faster then the les pauls. Telecasters are awesome. They are really comfortable guitars. The are little limited to country and some rock n roll...unless ur morello and use your imagination. Go telecaster u cant lose! Not a big fan of ibanez in general so i cant comment.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/12/2004 8:57 pm
Telecasters are very versatile. Anyone who says they can't play as hard as anyone needs has never heard of Marilyn Manson or Blindside.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
04/12/2004 11:03 pm
Originally posted by Hammurabi
Telecasters are very versatile. Anyone who says they can't play as hard as anyone needs has never heard of Marilyn Manson or Blindside.

Those guitars are modified plus the added effects. If your gonna modify your tele then dont get a nashville tele, i beleive it defeats the purpose. Just get an american tele and go from there.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
04/13/2004 6:23 am
Not really, John used standard unmodified teles as much as he could before getting his sig. model which is better suited for avoiding feedback in big gigs and blindside uses an unmodified American tele.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.