Golpe? ( tapping)

alucard0941
alucard0941
03/28/2004 10:56 pm
Golpe is the Spanish word for tap ( no it is not the same tap as the sheading tap such as a metal guitar technique) A tap where you actually tap the body of the guitar to produce a sense of percusion in the song. (yes this is a flamenco technique) So if anyone know of has any tips for golpe, post:)
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 1
Jamiephofe
Jamiephofe
03/29/2004 1:03 am
I just know it sounds cool on "More than words" by Extreme when Nuno Bettencourt uses it. :)

- J
# 2
chris mood
High Bandwidth
chris mood
High Bandwidth
03/29/2004 5:37 am
There are 2 types of Golpes, one done below the sound hole next to the bridge, the other done directly above the sound hole. I'll start with the one done below, since it's more common and easier.

To produce this golpe strum the chord with your thumb and at the same time bring the 3rd finger (A) down to strike the guitar.

The one done above is with a flicking motion. Put the thumb and 2nd finger together, flick the 2nd finger across the strings and bring the thumb done to strike the guitar.

*Make sure you have a tap plate on your guitar or you'll dent it up pretty fast.
# 3
Autark
Autark
03/29/2004 1:38 pm
It's one of the coolest tricks on classical guitar that I know of...
# 4
alucard0941
alucard0941
03/29/2004 10:15 pm
Your way sounds much more easier than the way I was taught. The way I learned it you stum a chord with you index finger while giving a tap on the body with the ring finger. Im not sure if this is a correct way but it works great after coming right after a rasqueado.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 5
ndrewoods
ndrewoods
09/30/2011 2:01 am
Originally Posted by: alucard0941[U]Your way sounds much more easier than the way I was taught. The way I learn the guitar it you stum a chord with you index finger while giving a tap on the body with the ring finger. Im not sure if this is a correct way but it works great after coming right after a rasqueado.[/U]

Well it is a guitar technique. It is mostly used in Flamenco guitars. It is a finger tap on the golpeador ("pick guard"). It is usually performed with the middle or annular (ring) finger, and can be performed either simultaneously with a down-stroke performed by another finger (eg. simultaneous down-stroke with index finger and golpe with annular finger), or independently in order to accent off beats. As it requires the strumming finger and the golpe finger to move in opposite directions at the same time.

In this area close to the bridge and a little bit below the first string and that could also be done while doing other things such as strumming the strings with the thumb. Or with 1 finger Rasgueado with the right hand excuse me with the index finger and that requires kind of a twisting motion of the hand. So you can strum and tap at the same time. There is another kind golpe entirely different that involves using the flap of the nail of the index finger to hit the guitar above the strings and almost at the same time continuing down and strumming the bass string it is like this. Please see the next segment where I will talk about some exercises for the right hand guitar techniques in flamenco.
I wish they'd had electric guitars in cotton fields back in the good old days. A whole lot of things would've been straightened out. - Jimi Hendrix
# 6
gavin_rossdale
gavin_rossdale
06/23/2012 12:55 pm
Originally Posted by: AutarkIt's one of the coolest tricks on classical guitar that I know of...
That sounds about right. Depends on what you're playing though.
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.